Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

jackhammer

Darn near forgot to try five,    this time ..

picks are

Penn State,   Iowa,   Wisconsin,   Michigan,   Michigan State

Hodge71

Well I consulted a Shaman last night under the full moon here in The Long Hollow and his answer to my question was and I quote "What in the wide wide world a sports were you thinkin' in week 9 letting everyone get a game on you?" I replied, "I told Dino I was gonna be sorry at some point, I have no explanation ..... Shaman told me to go eat mushrooms from the manure pile and see if that expands my reality....

Here goes nothin'....Penn State University Nittany Lions!!!! Minnesota, Wisconsin, Northwestern, Michigan State Spartans.

​I feel pretty comfy with Sparty...Im feverous about Northwestern.... It seems as if everytime I think I know them...they show me I'm wrong and lose...or win... :banghead:  :ranting: 

Jeb starts basketball today and I have a ton of work to do around the farm to get ready for the cold and snow on the way. I guess I have to suck it up and put the doors on and top up on the YJ too. Been chilly going to work in the morning...okay and at night too.... No football for me until way later in the day

Edited by Hodge71
  • Like 1

squonk

Penn ST., Minn, Wisc,  ( I hate to do it but 1 Illinois football team will win this weekend and it ain't the Bears!  :) ) Northwestern, and my toss up game Mich ST.

HorseFixer

Penn State, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan State.

AJ_Thanatos

Penn St, Minnesota, Wisconsin, Michigan, Michigan St

stevasaurus

Man, this Iowa at Minnesota game is excellent.  I usually kind of flick around and check out the other games, but I just can't turn this game off.  1 minute left in the 2nd quarter and it is Minnesota 28,,,Iowa 7  :)

Update...30 seconds left...Minnesota 35...Iowa 7  :text-bump:

Updat...half time................Minnesota 35...Iowa 7  :woohoo:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Don't choke on it!!!

• Like 1

Racinbob

I think your bit of advice is too late John. Steve, should we call 911? :eek:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Sorry John...but this sets up a good game next week.  Iowa is at Illinois...and Illinois beat Minnesota a couple of weeks ago.  Let me guess...you are going to pick the Hawkeyes.  :orcs-cheers:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

squonk

Cut Steve some slack. He needs his football jollies before Sunday night!  :)  :teasing-poke:

RMCIII

WOW!!!! What a game OSU vs. MSU!!!! I am SO GLAD I got one wrong! They did not just win. They destroyed a top 10 team in their own playground... I am thinking that maybe, just maybe, we have a team that can stand the pressures of a big game......To early to tell, but it sounded like, based on how bad they beat MSU, they very well could jump to a number 5 or 6 position.........Are they in?

All I can say is WHAT A GAME!!!! It did not get over until almost midnight, but well worth wathcing. If you missed it, you missed a great game.

Rob

• Like 1

squonk

I was right. Only 1 Illinois team will win this weekend!  :)  Northern Ill.!  :ychain:

• Like 1

bitten

I cant believe that I got a Northwestern game wrong...lol. 

GO BUCKEYES

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WEEK #11 RESULTS  WINNING TEAMS  PENN ST., MINNESOTA, WISCONSIN, MICHIGAN, OHIO ST

THIS WEEKS BRAGGING RIGHTS WITH 4 WINS AND 1 LOSS...STEVASAURUS, JIMD, THANATOS, BITTEN, HORSEFIXER  :)

3 WINS AND 2 LOSSES...BRRLY1, RACINBOB, JACKHAMMER, RMCIII, SQUONK, HODGE

TOTAL RESULTS AFTER 91 GAMES

70 WINS AND 21 LOSSES...HODGE

69 WINS AND 22 LOSSES...STEVASAURUS

68 WINS AND 23 LOSSES...SQUONK

67 WINS AND 24 LOSSES...BRRLY1, THANATOS

66 WINS AND 25 LOSSES...JACKHAMMER

64 WINS AND 27 LOSSES...BITTEN, HORSEFIXER

63 WINS AND 28 LOSSES...RACINBOB, RMCIII

61 WINS AND 30 LOSSES...JIMD

JimD

:woohoo:

Racinbob

All right, I'm done toying with you guys. I've already got my picks for this week and I brought out my secret weapons. I would post them and tell you my surefire method to a perfect slate but I'm still licking my wounds after last night. :no:OK, that and I want to get them in the same order that Steve posts them.

• Like 1

Brrly1

Like Mike said "NO teams from Illinois will win this week including Northern Illinois" Toledo will take care of them and wrap up the MAC on Tuesday evening. The way yesterday started I almost knew it was going to be a rough day. Headed out to meet the guys and possibly take a trip back down to the Wapak swapmeet but low and behold not even three blocks from the house the Land yacht got rearended. Trust me I was not a very happy camper. I don't think the insurance company will be happy either when they get the Bill for a new bumper and a few other things. So with that happening I almost or pretty much knew my day was going down the tubes. Dino guess what, I'll take IOWA over Illinois  as if you didn't know. What was the name off that other team you follow, oh yeah there the ones that blew it again yesterday. Have they used up all there bye weeks yet? They sure could use some! This Will Not Change - As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-58174500-1415556270.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

John..sorry to hear about your truck...hope you are OK.  It would just make me sick to have someone rear end me at this point.  Hang in there Mate.  :)

• Like 1

Hodge71

Ugh...theres a dinosaur in my rear view mirror..... :auto-layrubber: 

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hodge...I am either going to catch you next week or free fall toward the doughnuts.  Seven (I think tuff picks next week)...I will post the games tomorrow.  The last few weeks, I have been real lucky picking the upsets...if NW would have went for the tie and overtime...we could have been even.  I don't want to jinx myself here, but you are right...I am in your rear view mirror.  Three weeks to go...we will see...thanks for letting me gain another game on you.  :)  I think I will post the next weeks games now...got a lot to do getting ready for winter.  This could be the week where there is not any one that picks the same team...and it will give every one an extra day to think about it..  :)

GOOD LUCK TO ALL WITH THEIR PICKS THIS WEEK...THIS IS THE FIGHT FOR THE FINISH.  :ychain:

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

THE GAMES FOR WEEK # 12  THERE ARE 7 GAMES THIS WEEK AND 2 ARE NON-CONFERENCE...WHICH SHOULD TICKLE RACIN'BOB :)

IOWA  AT  ILLINOIS

TEMPLE  AT  PENN ST.

OHIO ST.  AT  MINNESOTA

INDIANA  AT  RUTGERS

NEBRASKA  AT  WISCONSIN

NORTHWESTERN  AT  NOTRE DAME

MICHIGAN ST.  AT  MARYLAND

• Like 2

Brrly1

I'm Not bashful, at least Not at this. I'll go first Iowa, Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers,Wisconsin, Notre Dame and Maryland at home. There might be one or two changes but This will Not ever change!!!! As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!  Coming to an Illinois town near you!!!

post-45-0-49623200-1415569730.jpg

post-45-0-99642200-1415569744_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

RACIN'BOB...I like your attitude...it is about time you stopped messing with us and got on your horse.  So what do you think about the Northwestern at Notre Dame game??  :ychain:

John...I saw Iowa as a 6-6 team from the start of the year...if they can beat Illinois next week...they will be 7-5 and get to play in the TIDY BOWL... :ychain:   Just sayin'.  Hey, are we going to the game?? :)

I'm just saying...this week's games...well the parity is there, and they could be playing in the snow or freezing temps for the first time this year.  Home field could be major...if i remember...Purdue gave Notre Dame a tuff game..Illinois beat Minnesota, (Iowa did not)...who is Temple??...Ohio St. is at Minnesota (and they are in the driver's seat in the west conference)...Ind at Rutgers (could be the one game we all pick)...Neb at Wis (who gets to play Ohio St. for the Big Ten Championship)...NW at Notre Dame (this game is for Racin'Bob)...Mish St. at Maryland (who cares ??/)  :):orcs-cheers:

JimD...this your chance to get out of the basement!!!  I would not look at anyone else's picks this week.  Light the candles, consult your shaman, have a mind expanding brownie, buy a bottle of Rock & Rye,, pick all the teams that RMCIII picks different :ychain: (I know...I am going to Hell for that), BTW...Hodge is letting some of us back in the game... :woohoo: ...don't pick Iowa (unless you have a extra-terrestrial encounter)...and I am thinking Indiana over Rutgers.(don't quote me on that)...it depends on if you want to share any of your doughnuts.  Finally, Mich St. at Maryland...a devastated Michigan St. with no chance at the championship now playing at Maryland (this is where new rivalries are started).

Climb the ladder Jim...grab the guy in front of you by the ankles and  do the Indiana Jones thingy...get out the whip and the Fedora hat...get out the crystal skull...hold up the Holy Grail and don't look when they open the Ark.  You can do this...this is the Big Ten...:):bow-blue:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 2

Racinbob

OK, as I mentioned, I’m pulling out my secret weapons this week. I have yet to use them because I felt it wouldn’t be fair to all of you but my sleeves are rolled up this week. I consulted the world famous sports analysts, Kahlua and Baylee to pick the winners and they have never been wrong with their picks. One by one I asked them who the winning team in each game would be. Ears all perked up they immediately barked out the correct teams. Then I got to the Notre Dame/Northwestern game. They just whimpered, assumed this position and muttered out something about wishing I would be as careless with my food as the Irish are with the ball so more of it would become theirs.

So….according to  Kahlua and Baylee:

Iowa, Penn State, Ohio State, Rutgers, Nebraska, NOTRE DAME (I didn't have help on this one), Michigan State

Was there ever any doubt Steve? :teasing-tease:  Well, that is if Northwestern can’t capitalize on probably six turnovers coming their way. Now, just WHO are you going to pick?  :teasing-neener:

post-8408-0-93783400-1415571510_thumb.jp

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

Excellent Bob...I am glad you have adopted the spirit in which this thread was intended.  :)  The doughnuts are at the bottom...the top guy gets to say "where are the doughnuts???"   You know I like home teams (if possible)...not sure who Temple is yet...need to look at that.  Do you think that Ohio St. is looking past Minnesota...you know how the Big Ten likes to self destruct???  :bow-blue:   Just say'n.

Northwestern at Notre Dame...I would bet NW kicks the extra point this time to go into over time.  What do you think??  :)  Dang, I hate Michigan (the team)  Happy Birthday Horsefixer.  :(

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1