Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

stevasaurus

post-818-0-69762900-1410651621.jpg

OK...Let's give them the ball on the 40 with 2 minutes left in the 4th quarter...we are up 3 points and we will stop them and go into over time after they kick the field goal.  YA...OK...LET'S DO IT...THAT IS THE BEST PLAN I EVER HEARD...THEY ARE TOAST...TURN OUT THE LIGHTS...THIS IS FOR JOHN  :)

post-818-0-70497600-1410652402.jpg

So you think you guys have improved...haha...we will see.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus

squonk

I was Horn-Swagled!!!  :violence-blades:  :violence-blades:  :kbutt:  :violence-duel: 

• Like 1

Brrly1

Yeh, well, ok, the Hawkeyes lost but they surely didn't stumble near as bad as what the name of the university to the east of us? Moline U. was that it or was it the Polo Bears? It just seems to escape me? Maybe I should get the gates locked. What was the score at halftime? For those who didn't watch or listen it was 35 - 5. So you want to talk Roadblocks? You definitely ran into one!!!! Win or lose, No matter who they play I will always love my Iowa Hawkeyes!!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

WEEK # 3 RESULTS  THE WINNING TEAMS WERE BOWLING GREEN, OHIO ST., W. VIRGINIA, IOWA ST., MICHIGAN, WASHINGTON, TCU, NOTRE DAME, PENN ST., NEBRASKA

8 WINS AND 2 LOSSES.....AND BRAGGING RIGHTS FOR THE WEEK...RACINBOB, RMCIII  :) :)

7 WINS AND 3 LOSSES.....STEVASAURUS, SQUONK, THANATOS, BITTEN, HORSEFIXER, JACKHAMMER

6 WINS AND 4 LOSSES.....JIMD, BRRLY1, HODGE71

BK-SCOUTER AND PAPAGLIDE DID NOT PICK THIS WEEK

TOTALS AFTER 3 WEEKS  (37 games)

30 WINS AND 7 LOSSES....THE MAN STILL ON TOP...HODGE71  :)

29 WINS AND 8 LOSSES....RMCIII, RACINBOB

28 WINS AND 9 LOSSES....STEVASAURUS, SQUONK, THANATOS, HORSEFIXER

26 WINS AND 11 LOSSES...JIMD, JACKHAMMER, BRRLY1

25 WINS AND 12 LOSSES...BITTEN

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

There had to be 5 or 6 games that were won or lost in the last minute.  Unbelievable!!  The question for the week...How do you pick Purdue?  :bow-blue:   :)

AJ_Thanatos

There had to be 5 or 6 games that were won or lost in the last minute. Unbelievable!! The question for the week...How do you pick Purdue? :bow-blue::)

You Purdont! :lol:
  • Like 3

RMCIII

My issue is this, and always will be, with the B1G! As I stated last year in the thread, we are a bunch of 1 hit Wonders... We wonder when a B1G Team will be a hit! :laughing-rofl:  We lose games we should win and win games we should not even be in! CONSISTANCY would be nice for a change. Then MAYBE, just Maybe, we could finally shake the nay sayers about the B1G Conference....

Rob

• Like 1

RMCIII

No braggin' that week was terrible! :angry-cussingwhite: John, this is why I absolutely loath Iowa! I root for them and they disappoint me each time I pick them! < Not going where this went last year, but :deadhorse:  :banghead:  :banghead: . Indiana and BG was a toss up, the second hand was on the 12 when I looked up, so I had to toss a coin.... Heads, I lost! :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2

Racinbob

AJ's probably right but if Notre Dame keeps playing like they did last night they likely will be battered and bruised before their next Big 10 match up. I think the biggest shocker to me was how the Indiana defense handed Bowling Green the last minute win. With my uncanny lack of skills in picking football winners I better enjoy what will probably be my only week for bragging rights. :banana-tux::)

• Like 4

RMCIII

I was Horn-Swagled!!!  :violence-blades:  :violence-blades:  :kbutt:  :violence-duel: 

Wait, didn't you mention something about being TOP DOG THIS WEEK on page 6!  Well, how's it going so far, Tea Cup Chihuahua? :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:

Nothin' but Love fer ya Mike!

Rob

squonk

I have no knowledge of college football. With that being said, I almost went undefeated this week. Just needed a few bounces. :scratchead:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:  :confusion-shrug: 

• Like 1

RMCIII

As they in sports, almost, or close, only counts, in Horseshoes and handgrenades! :laughing-rolling:

stevasaurus

Using the words "Indiana" and "defense" in the same sentence is an Oxy-Moran.  :)

Ya, Squonk...and if I had luck in this hand and $#it in the other...and I clapped them together...I'd be having a doughnut by now.  :orcs-cheers:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 6

RMCIII

Kinda like "oil" and "water" they just don't mix!

Rob

Racinbob

:laughing-rolling:

stevasaurus

One thing you can count on...Rutgers is for real.  :)

Purdue will win at least 1 game this year...but which one??  Maybe this one...Iowa  at  Purdue... in 2 weeks.  :eusa-think:   :hilarious::beer:

Could be Hammer Time.

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Very doubtful!!! So how's Northwestern doing this year Steve? Boom-shak-a-laka, botta bing!!  I bet that is one timeout that Kirk Ferentz called that he Wished he wouldn't have, :03 left, he called timeout a split second  before the kick, trying to ice the kicker well he got the timeout and the kick went wide left, second attempt he put it thru  %&$#@@##$$$%%% I don't know exactly what I said but it wasn't good

• Like 2

RMCIII

I mentioned something in the Unveil - chicken plucker thread.... America is built on dreams.... When people are against someone, or something, I think that adds additional "energy" for the person, place, ect.... Why do I say this.... Rutgers is a dream right now.... Yes, doing very well, in the B1G Conference. But keep in mind, if they are for real, then at the end of the season, they will be a contender for a top Bowl Game... Also remember that just because you have a great season, it does not make a great consistent team..... Need I mention The Herd, The Broncos (Boise State), NDSU (North Dakota State) who by the way SMOKED Iowa State in with their first game, NIU. And so on.... My point, I will root for an underdog every day of the week! If that underdog makes it to the top, I want to see a repeat next season. The B1G Conference has got to understand, and I am sure they do, they need to build consistency within the conference. I could care less right now if Michigan, Iowa, Ohio State, Maryland, ect... wins each year. It is the FACT that they need to start WINNING! I am talking about the BCS Bowl Games, BCS Titles, or even top 5 Bowl games each year. Making the conference something to be respected. I am sick and tired of my SEC friends always rubbing my face in the fact that we do not win consistently. The B1G conference is considered as the "maybe" conference. Maybe they will show up, maybe they won't.... This comes from individuals who get to sit around tables and talk to the coaches about the conferences each year.... How do you think the B1G Conference will do is always a question... Unfortunately their remarks are rhetorical and "matter of fact" maybe they will, maybe they won't, we'll just have to wait and see about 1/2 way through the season.. And the conversations turn to PAC 12, SEC. Even the dang Ivy League conference get's more attention than we do..... Ranting, I know, but if you do not know, now you do....

As much as I hate to admit this, SEC has the market cornered with this... Look what Conference has dominated the last 20 years. Not a team, I am talking conference,,,,,, When the B1G can do that consistently, then we will finally gain the respect we all would like to see.

I will always be rooting for The Ohio State Buckeyes, but they need to develop, what was done in the south! I call it like I see it... When the B1G finally wins consistently, then I will truly have something to CHEER about! So, go B1G Conference and SOMEONE WIN PLEASE!!!!!!

Rob

• Like 2

JimD

I'm a B1G fan but I'm also a realist. This conference is not going to get better with games like Ohio State vs. Kent State. The Big Ten needs to start playing the better SEC teams and beating them to get some respect.It's that simple. I don't know what genius thought up B1G vs. MAC but he should have been strung up by the short hairs for that idea. Talk about a deliberate weakening of the conference. :deadhorse: :*****: :banghead:  Ok, climbing off my :angry-soapbox:  now.

P.S. I don't agree with everything Rob says..

whizbang+stickers.jpg:ychain:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 5

stevasaurus

The Big Ten would have looked more like a contender if they weren't 1 and 3 against the Pac 12...not to mention what the Mac has done to them this year.  Basically, each of the power conferences has their 1st 4 games to show where their conference kind of ranks.  After that, we are just playing ourselves...and that does not really prove anything.

After 3 weeks, the conference has played 37 games...one was a conference game...so figure 36 games.  The Big Ten has 23 wins and 13 losses...and correct me if I am wrong...and not 1 win against a ranked opponent.  It makes for a great pool...trying to pick these games...but quite honestly...this conference sucks this year and the last few years.  There is no real front runner...Michigan St. is probably the best in the conference, and Wisconsin a close second.  Next week has 13 non-conference games...they are going to be hard to pick because of what is going on.  I think Ohio St. has a bye.  :)

• Like 1

RMCIII

Jim and Steve, you both, validate my point...The bottom line is this, s#$%, or get off the pot, B1G Conference..... Again, I will ALWAYS root for OSU, buttttttttttt, I also am a realistic... 1 and done is not the motto the B1G Conference, should continually rely on!

Rob

stevasaurus

OK...I'm going to post the Week 4 games now because I am going to be pretty busy tomorrow.  So with that said...

WEEK #4 GAMES    13 GAMES THIS WEEK...LOOKS LIKE OHIO ST. HAS THE BYE...NO CONFERENCE GAMES 

SOUTHERN ILLINOIS  AT  PURDUE

IOWA  AT  PITTSBURGH

WESTERN ILLINOIS  AT  NORTHWESTERN

BOWLING GREEN  AT  WISCONSIN

EASTERN MICHIGAN  AT  MICHIGAN ST.

MARYLAND  AT  SYRACUSE

RUTGERS  AT  NAVY

UTAH  AT  MICHIGAN

SAN HOSE ST.  AT  MINNESOTA

TEXAS ST.  AT  ILLINOIS

MASSACHUSETTS  AT  PENN ST.

INDIANA  AT  MISSOURI

MIAMI (FLA)  AT  NEBRASKA

GOOD LUCK WITH THIS ONE  :)

BK-SCOUTR AND PAPAGLIDE  AND ANYONE ELSE...you can still get in for the weekly bragging rights...don't forget we pick the BOWL GAMES at the end of the season.  :)

RMCIII

:deadhorse:  :deadhorse: I know., but why in the h#$$, are we playing teams like BG, eastern Michigan, Utah, and Miami Fla? This just validates my point evne more.... Steve, you also chimed in..... What in the h%(( is the B1G thinking?

Karl, Mike and ????? Audit htis if you must! The B1G conference needs to start playing teams from SEC and PAC 12 in their non-conference games........

I really hate being B1G Fan!

Rob

• Like 1

jackhammer

Darn tea leafs don't work either. Who lives around the Lake Ontario area that sent these to me ????   The instructions LQQked  squ&^n:ish   :eusa-think:  :confusion-scratchheadblue:

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 4

Brrly1

Well it goes like this, Big 10 all the way!!  :deadhorse:  :deadhorse:  :eusa-think:  :eusa-think:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:

• Like 2