Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

Brrly1

X2

stevasaurus

RESULTS FOR WEEK # 2  IT WAS A VERY BAD DAY FOR THE PERCEPTION OF THE BIG TEN AS A CONFERENCE  5 BIG TEN TEAMS LOST...Northwestern, Purdue, Michigan St., Ohio St., and Michigan  :(

Weekly Numbers

11 WINS AND 2 LOSSES  AND BRAGGING RIGHTS...Hodge71, Stevasaurus, RMCIII

10 WINS AND 3 LOSSES.........RacinBob, JimD, Squonk, Horsefixer

9 WINS AND 4 LOSSES.........Thanatos, Papaglide

8 WINS AND 5 LOSSES.........Brrly1, Jackhammer, Bitten

Season Numbers after 27 games

24 WINS AND 3 LOSSES THE MAN AT THE TOP......Hodge71   :):):)

21 WINS AND 6 LOSSES.......Horsefixer, RMCIII, Squonk, RacinBob, Thanatos, Stevasaurus

20 WINS AND 7 LOSSES.......JimD, Brrly1, Papaglide

19 WINS AND 8 LOSSES.......Jackhammer

18 WINS AND 9 LOSSES.......Bitten

stevasaurus

I just hate the PAC 12.... :banghead:

and most of the Big Ten teams that did win were close games and won in the fourth quarter...Illinois, Iowa, Nebraska, Penn St, and Rutgers :bow-blue:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 3

Brrly1

I can't even believe that the Hawkeyes won that game. Missed three different field goals and they have had some of the NFL's best place kicker. Now if they would have played the way that they played the last 6 to 7 minutes that game would have been a cakewalk. Scored two touchdowns in 4 minutes, what happened the other 3 quarters seemed like they were out to Lunch. Duke what the #$!! happened? Talk about roadblocks. Wonder what will happen next week after Michigan don't they play Michigan State? Bitten what's up? The Buckeyes also ran into something but I don't know what it was. Talked with the Dino yesterday during the Iowa game, he told me that yes, McNeese state just about took out Nebraska. It seems these smaller colleges have some really good athletes. Time will tell

• Like 2

jackhammer

Man  --  I gotta quit using that black 8ball Squonk gave me to do my picks ..

Edited by jackhammer
  • Like 2

AJ_Thanatos

What a disappointing week for the big 10..

stevasaurus

Hodge...I am going to do my homework this week...coming at you mate.  :)

• Like 2

squonk

For sale: Ouija Board

• Like 5

Brrly1

Well I guess I better get out the dictionary, in other words No more just picking the Big 10. I've got to spell it out. Mike where's the squonktionary? Looks like I'm going to need it. I'm headed for the top! I took this last year, I'm Not going to let the Dino beat me because I will Not ever hear the end of it! Who's you daddy??? Dino, homework will Not help!!! To the basement my friend (isn't that where he finished last year)?   As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!!

p.s. I sure hope they get there act together

post-45-0-11734400-1410174964.jpg

stevasaurus

John, does that mean you are not going to take Iowa once in a while???  :laughing-rolling:   You will have to pick against them this year (maybe next week) if you want the Big Balozza.  :)

stevasaurus

WEEK # 3   WE HAVE 10 GAMES THIS WEEK...NORTHWESTERN, MICHIGAN ST., WISCONSIN HAVE A BYE WEEK...AND WE HAVE OUR 1ST CONFERENCE GAME...PENN ST. AT RUTGERS.  ALL GAMES ARE ON SATURDAY.  :)

INDIANA  AT  BOWLING GREEN

KENT ST.  AT  OHIO ST.

W. VIRGINIA  AT  MARYLAND

IOWA ST.  AT  IOWA

MIAMI (OHIO)  AT  MICHIGAN

ILLINOIS  AT  WASHINGTON

MINNESOTA  AT  TCU

PURDUE  AT  NOTRE DAME

PENN ST.  AT  RUTGERS  (CONFERENCE GAME)

NEBRASKA  AT  FRESNO ST.

Edited by stevasaurus

AJ_Thanatos

Steve how come you don't add the teams BCS ranking? 

Edit: I guess I shouldn't say BCS because that is not available until week 8..  So let me try that again.. " Steve how come you don't add the teams National rank based on the AP Poll "

There thats more better!!  :ROTF:

Edited by Thanatos
  • Like 1

stevasaurus

AJ...you guys gotta do some of the leg work.  :)  I think, this year, they are waiting to do the real rankings until the end of September...right now, they do not mean too much.

Google "college football"  or  "Big Ten college football"  and all the information, rankings, predictions and stories are there.  :eusa-think:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

I predict at least 1 Big Ten win this week.  Normally, the picks this week would not be that tough, but with 2 weeks into the season...I want a glass of what Hodge is drinking.  :orcs-cheers:

AJ_Thanatos

AJ...you guys gotta do some of the leg work.  :)  I think, this year, they are waiting to do the real rankings until the end of September...right now, they do not mean too much.

Google "college football"  or  "Big Ten college football"  and all the information, rankings, predictions and stories are there.  :eusa-think:

Here is the link Steve meant to add.. 

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=College+football+rankings+2014

:ychain:  :bow-blue:

I predict at least 1 Big Ten win this week.  Normally, the picks this week would not be that tough, but with 2 weeks into the season...I want a glass of what Hodge is drinking.  :orcs-cheers:

Not sure what it is but Im in for sure!!  :orcs-cheers:

• Like 1

Hodge71

Hodge...I am going to do my homework this week...coming at you mate.  :)

So you havent been doing your homework for the first 2 weeks Mr Saurus? Youre doing pretty good for a hack! I would suggest you and all the others on here start putting a little time and effort into this or I'll be the man to beat all season...Remember second place is just the first L-O-S-E-R!

• Like 2

stevasaurus

Hodge, I did my homework...I don't like the results (just not comfortable with about 8 of my picks), but here they are.  :)

BOWLING GREEN, OHIO ST., MARYLAND, IOWA ST., MICHIGAN, ILLINOIS, TCU, NOTRE DAME, RUTGERS, NEBRASKA

• Like 1

Brrly1

So now we know!!! 

• Like 1

bitten

I didnt do any work in last weeks picks. I was on my way to my oldest daughters wedding rehearsal and thought that I better get my picks in before I left. Some of the games I would have picked as I did and a couple others would have been different.  Seeing how I am in the basement all by myself there will be a lot more thought put into it for the rest of the season.

John I do not know what the heck happened Saturday night with the BUCKEYES that was an awful game that they played. Looked like they need to go back and learn some fundamentals about football. V/T had a bad game and won, I just hope that they can put it together or it is going to be a very long season.

Racinbob

The Vegas odds are my favorite place to look for help picking. I only picked the 'underdog' once this week. Gut feeling on the Mountaineers.

Indiana, Ohio St, West Virginia, Iowa, Michigan, Washington, TCU, NOTRE DAME :banana-rainbow:, Penn St, Nebraska

• Like 1

JimD

Indiana, Ohio St., West Virginia, Iowa St., Wishagain :teasing-poke: , Illinois, Minnesota, Notre Dame, Rutgers, Nebraska.

• Like 1

AJ_Thanatos

I'm seeing a lot of Irish and Rutgers picks this week! And I'm liking it.

stevasaurus

AJ..no one is sure about Rutgers yet...we are just riding the wave...and they are at Home.  :)  Come to think of it...there is only 1 sure thing in the Big Ten this season...Purdue could go 0 and 12...the rest is up for grabs.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Racinbob

My logic for picking Rutgers to lose this week was when I checked their opponents record. Combined 0-4. Also Penn State has the Vegas odds by a little bit. Then again, I should never go to Vegas. :)

AJ_Thanatos

My logic for picking Rutgers to lose this week was when I checked their opponents record. Combined 0-4. Also Penn State has the Vegas odds by a little bit. Then again, I should never go to Vegas. :)

Yeah don't go to Vegas.. Took me about 6 months to recover from 3 days.. Never again! [emoji14]