Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

JimD

Steve, Mike and I have made our picks for the B1G Championship game. Here they are:

Stevasaurus....... Wisconsin

Squonk............... Wisconsin

JimD................... Ohio State

Feel free to post your pick if you want to play along. :)

stevasaurus

OH OH...Mike and I picked the same teams.  I have been a Wisconsin fan for a number of years here...basically because they have been good.  Mike...in the spirit of sportsmanship...I will take Ohio St.  I really think they need to win this game for the Big Ten.  As much as I think Wisconsin may win...well there you go Mate...let's make it interesting.  Besides...I have all this furniture to throw back at you from the Rutgers / Maryland game...all you have left to throw at me is Monkeys.  :ychain:   :)

• Like 1

bitten

GO BUCKEYES   

• Like 2

Brrly1

O.S.U.

• Like 2

Brrly1

B.G.S.U over niu :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:

RMCIII

This is a tough call. It will be played in a neutral enviorment, Indy. The sports casters are split on the picks. 50/50. Vegas has Wisconsin favored by 4. How do you pick a game like this? If Ohio State still had the "horse" that got them to this point, it is an easy pick..... Ohio State. But after last weeks loss, and now another new leader for the offence, it does not look favorable for OSU....Do I got with my head or my heart? :eusa-think:  :eusa-think:  :snooty:

Scarlet and Grey is what I bleed! My heart, although not always correct, will pick this one.... OSU!

Rob

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Rob...I have to say...I like how you are direct and to the point.  :ychain:   I don't know if there was a longer way around picking this game.  It really does look like a toss up.  I think if Ohio St. can win by 7 to 14...they may get a shot at the National Championship.

Brrly1...you don't really believe Bowling Green is going to beat NIU...do you??   NIU all the way here... :)   I think you thought...awh...never mind....do not want to jinx these guys.

• Like 2

squonk

All I have to throw are monkeys, but they are known to throw a few things as well!

• Like 3

Racinbob

Well, this is a tough one. Even being an Irish fan I have no issues with any of the Big 10 teams. I have forgiven Northwestern Steve :), just don't let it happen again! With family in Wisconsin that gives them an edge in my heart. But I've always liked Ohio State too. Now, there's one thing I don't like about OSU and that would be their coach. Sorry OSU fans, ya gotta be a SEC hater living in Florida to fully understand. Now let's see here, Wisconsin is playing good and worthy of the title, Ohio State is playing good BUT they lost another quarterback. Wisconsin is a slight favorite but the only thing I know about football is Notre Dame. What to do, what to do......... I'm going with Ohio State! I think that they stand the best chance of knocking off Alabama IF they make it to the championship rounds.

How's that Steve? I counted the words and found a longer way than Rob! :teasing-neener:

• Like 3

stevasaurus

It's OK Bob...I put together 2 early transmissions while I read that.  :ychain:   Looks like I need to get my catcher's mitt out...I'll be catching monkeys tomorrow.  The whole college football world (outside of the Big Ten) is hoping Wisconsin wins.  I need to get out my Shaman books and light some incense, open an old bottle of Rock & Rye and face all of my dinosaur collection towards Indiana.  I should play my old "Monks Chant" CD and light a fire in the fire place.  This is pulling out all the stops.  OK, wear my Stanley Cup, Blackhawk's t-shirt and my Red Bandana.  Here is the thing that will make the difference...tape the game and watch the golf channel while the game is on...chanting "What Squonk says make sents".  :bow-blue::orcs-cheers:

• Like 5

squonk

Steve you might want to put some plastic down too!  :) Clean up will go a lot easier. :eusa-think: How could I not pick Wisconsin? The center of the football universe.

Frieda the Monkey will be ready to throw the DAGGER!  :violence-blades: 

Mike Wissowski and Marvin the Martian will be singing the Badger's fight song all day :woohoo: 

post-2380-0-38492700-1417865974_thumb.jp

post-2380-0-42580800-1417866017_thumb.jp

• Like 2

HorseFixer

BADGERS!!

• Like 1

jackhammer

Got to Go With the Big Red  "W"

RMCIII

Bob - yep I do know the feeling for the coach. I lived in Florida 3 different times, in 4 different areas. Ranging from central Fla.and all the way south. Spent 11 years total in Florida and not 1 time did I root for any Florida team. Irish did a number on the Noles a couple times. Could not have been happier, especially when I was the only 1 in the room rooting for them. I've yet to think of anything good that comes from a swamp land. Don't say oragnes, cause I have had some NASTY tasting oranges from Fla. I'll get mine from Ca.

Rob

• Like 1

Racinbob

I'm glad you understand Rob. I'd rather see Wisconsin win due to family ties on Oshkosh and especially with Meyer as the OSU coach. But OSU is the Big 10's only hope for a playoff spot and I also think they will want the win more than Wisconsin this time so I picked them. It should be a great game. I can't say I've never pulled for an SEC team because it has happened. I wanted Florida to beat FSU this year to hopefully knock FSU out of the championship rounds but, believe me, it was painful to say I'm pulling for the Gators even if it was due to special circumstances. An Irish fan down here can also be called a target. I actually had my truck mildly attacked by a group of Florida students while driving through the campus in Gainesville on business. I guess they didn't like my leprechaun decal. Fortunate a guy who I think was a professor saw it and was reaming their butts as I drove off. I might be nuts but I don't care and wear my Irish shirts all the time and love it when I get a cell phone call in a public place. Yup, a Fighting Irish ringtone. :handgestures-thumbupright:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 1

JimD

I can understand not liking the SEC but I don't understand why people hate a coach just because he took a job in a certain area of the country or a certain conference. Urban Meyer is a native Ohioan with degrees from Cincinnati and Ohio State. I could understand hating his success in the SEC but not the man because of it. Frankly I admire his success, I'm just glad he's "seen the light" and is back in Ohio. Hating Urban Meyer would be like me hating Lou Holtz, the long time respected and admired coach of Notre Dame just because he was a graduate of Kent State and went on to greatness as Notre Dame's coach. Doesn't make sense. :eusa-doh::teasing-neener:

Edited by JimD
  • Like 1

Racinbob

I'll concede that much Jim. I will have to say that Meyer is one heck of a coach and his track record proves that. I guess I'm guilty of disliking the integrity of the university and, as I'm sure many do, taking that out on the football coach because that's the part of the university I relate to the most and I get tired of the Gator nation being crammed down my throat all the time. But that's really my fault for moving down here. To be completely fair, the University of Florida institution could be crowned saints as compared to the dreaded Noles. In my defense, I did pick OSU to win mainly because I'm hoping a Big 10 team gets in the playoff and keeps the SEC or FSU from getting another title. I'd be pulling them for as long as they keep playing. See?! I'm not as bad as everybody says!

Peace offering :teasing-tease:

post-8408-0-81450800-1417878944_thumb.jp

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2

JimD

No peace offering necessary Bob. I really do like the Lou Holtz picture. Very cool! :)

Racinbob

Thanks Jim. I met him at one of the quarterback club luncheons I went to before a game. The poster thingy on top is one of the (now defunct) "Get Motivated" seminar fliers that they printed where my wife works, Lou, Terry Bradshaw Rudy Giuliani, Laura Bush, Colin Powell and three others were scheduled speakers and are pictured on it. It's printed on .020" plastic.

• Like 1

Racinbob

OK Big 10 guys. Ya gotta pull for Georgia Tech to open up a spot for OSU after the results so far today. Then, sorry Badger fans, ya gotta hope OSU pulls it off. Dang! It's hard to watch two games at once but I'm gonna try.

JimD

.................................................Total Domination....

......................................By The Best Team In The Nation....

...........BIG TEN CHAMPIONS..

..........................THE..

.........................OHIO..

........................STATE..

....................BUCKEYES..

Edited by JimD
  • Like 2

squonk

Were there any Wisc fans even there? Neutral site my BEE-HIND!  :) The Monkey's are rioting in Steve's basement throwing furniture!  :hide: 

• Like 1

RMCIII

What does 1 say after the total domination, and nearly perfect game, played by OSU? Did they leave any room for doubt that they should be part of the final 4? What I saw last night was nothing short of an Urban Meyers team that does what it does when it really counts. That is WIN and WIN BIG! For once it felt good to be on the same side as Urban Meyers vs. facing one of his teams that usually resulted in what Ohio State did last night to Wisconsin.

Where do you draw the line with just 4 teams? How do you boost  #6 Baylor that beat #3 TCU in regular season play when #5 just took down the #2 defense in the Nation, while holding the #1 running back in the Nation to just 76 yards? If Ohio State is not in then I am not sure what or where the committee is looking. The nearly perfect performance left little doubt to all who were watching that Ohio State is not only the number 1 Big Ten team, but also played on a level, of an SEC team. It was more like watching an NFL team play against a high school team.

Wisconsin seemed to be lost right from the first snap that Ohio State took. They seemed to lack the poise and confidence that showed in them all season long. I think part of that was because they had no way to prepare for the 3rd string QB Jones. They had never seen him play and had no idea what he would come out and do. They didn't know if they should contain, release and go, penetrate the line, or hold their blockers down.... When their offense stepped on the field, it was much the same. Ohio State's 4 front dominated the line of scrimmage, leaving the linebackers to penetrate the line and dominate the backfield. IMHO, that game is exactly what the Big 10 teams need to start doing consistently! If it is Ohio State that is in it again next year, they need to win like that all season long. If it is Michigan St., Iowa, Nebraska, or whoever shows them as a powerhouse in the conference next season, that is how they need to play, dominate and win! Just my :twocents-02cents: , I am stepping down from my :angry-soapbox: now!

Rob

RMCIII

My prediction for the final 4:

1- Alabama

2- Oregon

3 - Baylor, but could likely be FSU if Big 12 decides to keep their Co-Champion stance.

4 - Ohio State

Rob

Racinbob

Unfortunately I don't see how they can't allow FSU being undefeated but I would laugh my butt off if they didn't make it. I have my doubts about Ohio State making it but I think they deserve to. That was a quality Wisconsin team they destroyed last night. I'm thinking the only two certainties are Alabama and Oregon. I don't like this playoff system as it is right now. Maybe they should talk to Mike Helton to get suggestions on improving it.

• Like 1