Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

stevasaurus

Bath and a pizza Bob???

post-818-0-68685800-1416451572.jpg

• Like 1

squonk

Fella's, I'm told the straight jackets have been ordered. Steve gets 2 !  :)

• Like 1

Racinbob

SpongeBob_Hands_in_Bath.png

Bath and a pizza Bob???

attachicon.gifpizza2.jpg

I think I just flat lined.

• Like 3

jackhammer

Picks for this week maybe - -

Michigan,   Penn State,   Wisconsin,   Nebraska,   Michigan State,   Ohio St,   Purdue

JimD

Just a head's up about the future of the "Football Thread". John, Steve and I have been talking, and we've come to the conclusion that RMCIII makes a strong case about the lackluster performance of the Big 10 again this year. So with that in mind we've decided that next year the thread will be all about the SEC Conference. We think that this may generate more interest in the thread as well being there are undoubtedly several SEC fans amongst the members here. Along with the SEC we will also add Notre Dame into the mix for our ND Fans up North. So even if you have a team in the SEC that you love to hate you can still enjoy the Football Thread. Be thinking about your team choices for next season. This will also benefit the basement menu. I envision grits, black eyed peas, Gumbo, some poke salad, and even some Bubba-Gump Shrimp! :)

• Like 3

stevasaurus

The decision to add Notre Dame to the mix is that #1...the SEC only has 13 teams and we are used to picking 14.  #2...I have become a huge Notre Dame fan this year.

and on that note...there is some talk in the Big Ten Conference about Notre Dame meeting Iowa in their bowl game.  :woohoo:   :)

• Like 1

jackhammer

JimD    --  :naughty: don't forget the grits

• Like 1

Racinbob

I'm betting you won't find too many SEC fans on this forum. Certainly not me. I'm for any team playing a SEC team. 45 years of living in the shadow of the Golden Dome equated to 45 years of being an avid fan and the only thing that's changed in the past 15 years is our home address. Outside of the Irish I actually pull for the Big 10 teams. Obviously Notre Dame is done as far as any chance of a decent bowl game but a couple of the Big 10 teams still stand a chance and I'd like to see that happen. As far as your menu..............be careful what you say about Bubba Gumps Shrimp. We go to the one in Daytona Beach. If you're a shrimp lover you can't beat them :):teasing-neener:

The decision to add Notre Dame to the mix is that #1...the SEC only has 13 teams and we are used to picking 14.  #2...I have become a huge Notre Dame fan this year.

and on that note...there is some talk in the Big Ten Conference about Notre Dame meeting Iowa in their bowl game.  :woohoo:   :)

I also heard that it could be Michigan :hide:

• Like 1

squonk

I hate the SEC almost as much as the Bears, Queenies , and Cryboys!  :)  :violence-blades: 

HorseFixer

If SEC is added you guys can count me out. If you want to do a seperate thread that be fine. :)

Edited by HorseFixer
  • Like 1

RMCIII

Well, as they say, "It aint over till the fat lady sings". I am not fat lady, and I definately understand the "despise" of the SEC... I personally would like to make them part of the MAC conference... Not gonna happen. As much as it pains me to say this, the SEC is and will be always, a thron in the B1G conference. Until the B1G conference starts to win consistantly, we will always be looked at as the "red headed step child". So, I say, bring on the SEC fans add some additional flavor to this thread.... Jim, Steve, John, Bob, AJ, Duke,Squonk, Jack, and all the rest, what will it hurt to add some additional depth in the picks?/// Bring it!

Rob

• Like 3

RMCIII

Here we go on the picks:

Maryland, Penn St., Wisonsin, Minnesota, Michigan St., Ohio St., Perdue..... those are SOME CRAZY PICS!!!!!!!!!!

Rob

• Like 1

Racinbob

Well, as they say, "It aint over till the fat lady sings". I am not fat lady, and I definately understand the "despise" of the SEC... I personally would like to make them part of the MAC conference... Not gonna happen. As much as it pains me to say this, the SEC is and will be always, a thron in the B1G conference. Until the B1G conference starts to win consistantly, we will always be looked at as the "red headed step child". So, I say, bring on the SEC fans add some additional flavor to this thread.... Jim, Steve, John, Bob, AJ, Duke,Squonk, Jack, and all the rest, what will it hurt to add some additional depth in the picks?/// Bring it!

Rob

Well Rob, you have a point. My thoughts are that, in my relatively limited time on this forum, this has always been a Big 10 thing because of the fan base being in the heart of Wheel Horse country. Forget where I reside now. As far as conferences go, I'm a Big 10 fan too and that's why I'm participating in this thread. I agree with adding some additional flavor and adding the SEC teams would do that. But I also feel that there are too many folks that are sick and tired of the SEC. You can put me on that list. Try living down here. To me they represent a 'win at any expense' attitude. Now please understand that I don't include all the SEC teams in that comment but just the ones I don't need to mention. I guess it would make you think FSU was an SEC team, huh? My thoughts even before this years thread started was to include the independents and also Air Force. That adds some flavor and includes teams that many on this forum have personal attachments for. Keep it all in fun. More games to pick amongst teams with integrity and....more fun. Somehow, to me, the SEC takes a lot of the fun out of it. :twocents-02cents:

Edited by Racinbob
  • Like 2

Brrly1

Sec huh?? Not!!!! At least not here. I'm Big Ten all the way. This is the area I grew up in, I don't see any reason to change. I don't picture going to an sec game vs. going to see a Big Ten game which I've already taken care of and plan on seeing more!! Anyways for this week my neck could be on the chopping block but I'm taking Michigan, Penn State, Iowa, Nebraska, Michigan State, Ohio State and Northwestern Like I say once a Hawkeye fan, always a Hawkeye fan!!! Go Hawkeyes!!!!

post-45-0-45642900-1416632000.jpg

• Like 1

RMCIII

Steve - since you make the grid and keep up with the win/loss, what about adding in the Top 25 each week into the B1G picks instead of the SEC teams.... Then it may get the attention of others who may not particulary like the B1G but do follow the Top 25. the ywould need to also pick from the B1G each week, but it would also add some more flavor to this next year. Since you could be assured part of the Top 25 would include some teams from the B1G....

Thoughts?

Rob

• Like 1

squonk

I don't care what games are picked.It's supposed to be fun. A few border skirmishes ads to the flavor. Don't see any reason to get upset about anything!  :) R-E-L-A-X!   Maybe keep the big 10 Add ND for the love/hate crowd and maybe add a top 25 battle for a little more excitement than Perdue vs. Ilinois provides!  :)  :ychain:

If we get 2 many games to pick, we will have to donate to Steve so he can upgrade his Commadore 64!  :ROTF:

Mich squeaks by Maryland, Penn St beats Ill by the first quarter,Wisconsin stays home and still wins, Neb beats the Gophers because no teams from Minnesota will win this weekend! :) ,Mich St.  and Ohio st.get  bye's :bow-blue: ! ,and Northwestern slides by Perdue even though Cutler has four turnovers! 

Bonus pick!!! Now that the Bears season is over, they win 2 in a row!  :scared-eek:

Edited by squonk
  • Like 2

bitten

michigan

p.s.

wisconsin

nebraska

m.s.

THE OHIO STATE BUCKEYES

northwestern  :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

OH OH...Bitten took Northwestern...I don't care...I am not changing my pick.  :hilarious:

I don't know about adding Air Force, but I would add Navy.  :)

HorseFixer

MICHIGAN  ~  PENN ST.  ~   WISCONSIN  ~   NEBRASKA  ~  MICHIGAN ST.   ~   sUcKeYes  ~  NORTH  PURE LUCK WESTERN   :hilarious:

FACT:  The only Big 10 Team to have a winning record against MICHIGAN Is Rutgers.  Include ND is that win Loss record also.  :eusa-whistle:    

WWBS????   :) 

squonk

Am I blind and stupid or did some guys not post their picks?  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:

• Like 2

RMCIII

No, some did not get their picks in on time.....

Rob

stevasaurus

Hodge failed to get his picks in...don't know what happened...he was logged on last night, he could have put them in then.  I hope he is OK, but it sure changes what is going on in the pool.  I would accept his picks in the afternoon games (2), if he gets them in before they kick off.  :eusa-think:

How about the Indiana/Ohio St. game??  Indiana 20 and Ohio St. 14 with 3 minutes left in the 3rd.  Illinois is beating Penn St. too.  :)

JimD

Am I blind and stupid or did some guys not post their picks?  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:  :confusion-confused:

Yes. :ychain:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

YES

• Like 1

RMCIII

AND JUST LIKE THAT. Out of the 3 easy picks, (2) get upset....... Steve, at least Ohio State finally showed up the 4th quarter. They should get some style points for that win! Well, I'm in the bottom this week! And what do you know. Iowa is making it a game... Go figure. They probably will win the game.

Rob