Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

Racinbob

With my minimal knowledge of football I don't dare try to think that deeply about it. That's why I have my analysts. I didn't tell them about the doughnuts cuz they'd throw all the picks then. I'm going to say the Irish by 3 TD's at halftime. The backup's will be playing most of the fourth quarter. :kbutt: The turnovers have to stop sometime......don't they?

• Like 2

HorseFixer

Well I never knew there was a Coach Worse than Hoke. But Northwesters CoachPat Fitzgerald really takes the cake. Not kicking a field Goal to tie the game are you kidding me?  :eek: 

Brady Hoke was Just about speechless And this is what he had to say about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPxPSzz0LBY

• Like 2

JimD

JimD...this your chance to get out of the basement!!!  I would not look at anyone else's picks this week.  Light the candles, consult your shaman, have a mind expanding brownie, buy a bottle of Rock & Rye,, pick all the teams that RMCIII picks different :ychain: (I know...I am going to Hell for that), BTW...Hodge is letting some of us back in the game... :woohoo: ...don't pick Iowa (unless you have a extra-terrestrial encounter)...and I am thinking Indiana over Rutgers.(don't quote me on that)...it depends on if you want to share any of your doughnuts.  Finally, Mich St. at Maryland...a devastated Michigan St. with no chance at the championship now playing at Maryland (this is where new rivalries are started).

Climb the ladder Jim...grab the guy in front of you by the ankles and  do the Indiana Jones thingy...get out the whip and the Fedora hat...get out the crystal skull...hold up the Holy Grail and don't look when they open the Ark.  You can do this...this is the Big Ten... :):bow-blue:

The candle has been lit and placed before the "Crystal Blueberry", which has been placed before the "Mystical Happy Plant". I have worshiped Thereupon.

post-636-0-94082600-1415626193_thumb.jpg

I have consulted the "Shaman" who inquired, "What is this football you speak of?"

post-636-0-00453200-1415626232_thumb.jpg

And I am now Indiana "Jones'n" for a perfect pick week..

post-636-0-40169600-1415626260_thumb.jpg

And my picks are:

Iowa, Temple, Ohio St., Rutgers, Nebraska, Notre Dame, Michigan St.

Edited by JimD
  • Like 6

stevasaurus

Jim...you look good in the Fedora.  Crack that whip...whip it good...it's not to late...to whip it!!!  :)

• Like 4

stevasaurus

Duke...that is the most intelligent thing I have ever heard out of a Michigan coach.   :ychain:   I could not believe it either, but he would have looked like a genius if it worked.  Playing the Monday 1/4 back...NW had the momentum...do the OT!! 

OK...here is my picks...Of course I have to take Illinois over Iowa this week (this a my get well card to Brrly)...Penn st., Minnesota....Rutgers, ...going to take Wisconsin here...I really want to take Northwestern here (but can 2 Illinois teams win in the same weekend??)  OK...I think one can...going to take Northwestern over ND---(not)...and Michigan St. 

SOOOOO...Illinois, Penn St., Minnesota., Rutgers, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Michigan St.  These are my picks and I am sticking to them...the one I am worried about...Indiana at Rutgers...just sayin"  :)

Hey Jim....do you have a cone head to go with your outfits...thought you were from France??

post-818-0-57326500-1415679446.jpg

OK...Sorry, but since I have some of the bragging rights from last Saturday...after my picks were like..."Yikes"...

Minnesota 55...Iowa 14   :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: :banana-linedance: I have picked the Iowa games right 6 times and wrong 3 times...I am starting to like Iowa. :ychain:   I can't say that about Northwestern though.  :)

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

Racinbob

Ya almost got me on that one Steve.

post-8408-0-75872300-1415709039.jpg

• Like 1

Brrly1

For anybody that might be interested there should be a good football game on at 8:00 on ESPN 2. The game will be between University of Toledo vs Northern Illinois. This game nine times out of ten means the division championship.The game is being played at Northern Illinois. Toledo is undefeated in the MAC as of now, I think this is also true with N.I. Like I say it should be a good game.     See ya

stevasaurus

John, watched the game...and it was a great game.  Sounds like, with NIU winning, that conference is going to be fun to watch the rest of this year.  :)

Brrly1

Toledo definitely keeps it interesting

• Like 1

JimD

I just got down here to warm up the donut oven when I overheard a couple guys upstairs discussing my picks for this week..

animals-vultures-deserts-carrion-waits-b

Edited by JimD
  • Like 3

Brrly1

Oopppps that could have been bad, a definite correction. Kind of glad I went back to look. Michigan State over Maryland. I don't know alot about Temple but I like Penn State so I have to believe they will pull this out. Another thing while I'm here is I believe Joe Pa's record should remain intact especially with all this B.S. coming out about how the NCAA played them. I don't know everything on the subject but I do believe that when he testified he Was telling the truth and Nothing but!!! Reinstate Joe Pa's records!!!! He had nothing to do with Sandusky!!! That's the end of this story

Edited by Brrly1
  • Like 2

Racinbob

Oopppps that could have been bad, a definite correction. Kind of glad I went back to look. Michigan State over Maryland. I don't know alot about Temple but I like Penn State so I have to believe they will pull this out. Another thing will I'm here is I believe Joe Pa's record should remain intact especially with all this B.S. coming out about how the NCAA played them. I don't know everything on the subject but I do believe that when he testified he Was telling the truth and Nothing but!!! Reinstate Joe Pa's records!!!! He had nothing to do with Sandusky!!! That's the end of this story

Very well put John.

RMCIII

Jim - probably be with you after this go round:

Iowa, Penn St. Ohio St, Rutgers, Wisconsin, Notre Dame, Michigan St.

Brrly1

Dino, you getting nervous yet??? I can just about bet your sweating up big time like a hot Illinois afternoon. Are they or aren't they, time will tell us big guy!!! :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :laughing-rofl:  :ychain:  :ychain:  :angry-nono:

• Like 1

Hodge71

I talked to Kreskin and he was no help...Kept asking Ed McMahon what my point was.....

Theres a whole lot hanging out in the wind this week. I just realized there a Squonk lurking in the shadows waiting for me and Dino to trip up...I was so focused on the Dinosaur in my rearview I missed scuanck!! I have a really tough time with Illinois. Illini is home but Iowa is rated better... Wisconsin always makes me twitch and on paper Nebraska is better....I dont even want to talk about PSU and Temple. Both 5-4 and rated 5 and 6 in the country as far as defense.

Here goes nothing. I will either look like a champ or be hiding under a rock because I'm sure its gonna get rough in here soon.... Not like its been easy to begin with but....

Iowa, Penn State Nittany Lions!!!  Ohio State, Rutgers I hope!! Wisconsin, Notre Dame.. go Irish!!! Michigan State Spartans!!

I will follow this up with a giant 

UGH!

Edited by Hodge71
  • Like 1

Brrly1

Hodge, that particular game Iowa vs Illinois could be the tie breaker, myself I wouldn't worry but don't forget I'm a Hawkeye fan like your a Penn State fan do or die! Good luck

• Like 1

jackhammer

Someone is in Hodges shadow folks.  Will 2014 go down to  the wire ???

My picks are

Iowa,   Penn St,   Ohio,   Rutgers,   Wisconsin,   Notre Dame,   Michigan State

squonk

Iowa , Ohio ST. Rutgers, Nebraska :scared-eek:  :scared-eek: , ND , Mich St. And my extra credit bonus pick:  DaBears over the Queenies  :)  :)  :)

Terry M

Man, this Iowa at Minnesota game is excellent.  I usually kind of flick around and check out the other games, but I just can't turn this game off.  1 minute left in the 2nd quarter and it is Minnesota 28,,,Iowa 7  :)

Update...30 seconds left...Minnesota 35...Iowa 7  :text-bump:

Updat...half time................Minnesota 35...Iowa 7  :woohoo:

Yeah, I herd about that game and wish I would have watched it...It's not every day you see baked chicken get burned....

• Like 2

bitten

Iowa

Penn State

The Ohio State Buckeyes

Rutgers

Wisconsin

Notre Dame 

Michigan State

AJ_Thanatos

Illinois, Penn St, Ohio St, Rutgers, Wisconsin, "The Fighting irish", Michigan St.

HorseFixer

IOWA  ~  PENN ST  ~  OhiO,  ~  RUTGERS  ~   WISCONSIN  ~   nd  ~ and last and least  >>>>>   Lil Brother    :)

squonk

Missed Penn ST. I hate em and I was out horsin all morning!  :)  :eusa-whistle:  :wh:

Brrly1

Dino, I don't believe that your going to even make to a bowl, let alone the Tidy bowl!!! I got one on you and one on A.J.. Looks like Mike gave me one game so I am tied with Mike and only one back of you now if my Math is correct?? Two in back of Hodge.  As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Mike got his pick in on time Mate, but for sure, I am having a bad day for my picks.  :)