Brrly1

2014 Big Ten football

Racinbob

:confusion-scratchheadblue: You're right Steve. I make comment about the upsets this year then pick all the.......supposedly......safe ones. All the teams I picked are double digit favorites except for Minnesota. Since I still have bacon maple donuts in my mind I'll need to hope for upsets again this week. :)

stevasaurus

Hah...They are worried about Illinois at home against Minnesota...I was thinking the same thing.  I am leaning toward the home teams this week...which means Penn St. over Ohio St. and Illinois over Minnesota.  I will pick my picks tomorrow...but I am going to burn some incense tonight and sip some homemade...look at the stars...make sure all my 1/2" drive sockets are in the right order and all my horses are facing west.  When all feels right...I am going to take a doughnut and just squeeze the stuff out of it and make my picks this week.  :orcs-cheers:

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 4

squonk

Finally a week without having to pick a game with stinking Nortwestern in it.!  :)  :)  :)  I don't trust Wisc and Maryland as far as I can throw them :confusion-confused:  and Minnie vs. Ill. is as bad as pulling for the Bears or the Vikes!  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:  :rolleyes:

• Like 2

squonk

No one should worry about any Illinois team at home!  :)  :)

• Like 2

stevasaurus

No one should worry about any Illinois team at home!  :)  :)

That is exactly what I was thinking Mike...good luck with that thought.  :teasing-slap::laughing-rolling::eusa-whistle::greetings-wavingblue:

• Like 1

RMCIII

Well - laugh all you want, but without a doubt, Minnesota is getting it done. Their only loss was to TCU.. They took down ichigan at home and made Northwestern wished they would have stayed in bed that Saturday.... 6-1, when is the last time that Minnesota was 6-1 this late in the season? Call them lucky, call them a fluke, but they are getting it done. they are playing right up until the clock reads 0:00! That is how you win.... I'm not jumping on the Gopher band wagon, just saying they are getting it done.

Rob

• Like 2

RMCIII

Seperate note: We have an undefeated team that is sitting at a 23rd ranking... I realize they have not beaten any ranked teams, but they have not lost. They have (3) of the (4) top 10 categories: Rushing Yards(10), Points for (2), Points against (7)......... We very well may see what we have all been wanting to see... An undefeated underdog team, take down a SEC/BIG 12, PAC, ect..... It's a long shot, but they have a chance..... Besides, what better team to come from the ashes once again, and be a dark horse for the first season the NCAA does a play-off for football.... I am still rooting for Ohio State, but GO MARSHALL! Wife is also from Huntington so I am under oath to root for them also.

Rob

• Like 1

Brrly1

Nothing like having a week off before we kick the daylights out of another team from Illinois. I'm gonna play the safe side and take Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan State, with the Buckeyes bringing up the tail end of the picks for this week. After this week it's "balls to the wall" for college football. No more timeouts it's time to play. Yes, no matter who Iowa plays I will pick them. As always, Go Hawkeyes!!!

post-45-0-33265200-1413904716.jpg

• Like 1

stevasaurus

My picks...Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan St., Ohio St.   Going with the HOME Teams this week...I think Ohio St. will feel right at home playing at Penn St.  :):ychain:

AJ_Thanatos

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, MSU, Ohio St.

Went against my Rutgers this week.. 

JimD

Minnesota, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan St., Ohio St.

This week's "Basement Special"..

The Cheeseburger Stuffed Donut!!

B0ZxkulCEAEa1mW.jpg

Edited by JimD
  • Like 3

squonk

I may have you send up some fries to the upper level! How late is the grill open?

Edited by squonk
  • Like 1

JimD

I'm not licensed to grill. I just drive the donut truck.

Edited by JimD
  • Like 2

Hodge71

My picks...Illinois, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan St., Ohio St.   Going with the HOME Teams this week...I think Ohio St. will feel right at home playing at Penn St.  :):ychain:

Keep it up Steve...I'll be lobbing grenades at you all game..... :ranting::deadhorse:

• Like 1

stevasaurus

Hodge...make sure you hold that pin for a couple of seconds...I might just catch it and throw it back at you.  Illinois is not a bad team...this could be a game that they could win.  When you think about it...Maryland could beat Wisconsin...Rutgers could beat Nebraska...Michigan could beat Michigan St....and you never know about Ohio St. and Penn St.  If everyone picks the favorites, there will not be much movement in the ranks.  Picking the right upsets this week could be unreal.  I have his feeling that this could be "Up Set" weekend...and this could be the weekend that separates the men from the boys.  The bottom teams all have the week off...except for Illinois...I reserve the right to change my picks as Saturday gets near.  If you did not know...there was a partial solar eclipse today...the tide is right for upsets.  :)

JimD

Keep it up Steve...I'll be lobbing grenades at you all game..... :ranting::deadhorse:

Don't worry Steve. There's two things that won't land in the end zone in Pa. this Saturday. Grenades, and Nittany Lions! :ychain:

• Like 2

Hodge71

Don't worry Steve. There's two things that won't land in the end zone in Pa. this Saturday. Grenades, and Nittany Lions! :ychain:

This coming form the guy in the basement...Boy I'll tell ya Jim...its real easy when you're in last place...you only have one way to go

• Like 1

JimD

This coming form the guy in the basement...Boy I'll tell ya Jim...its real easy when you're in last place...you only have one way to go

Yea, true enough Hodge. I don't harbor any delusions of escape from this dungeon I'm skulkin' around in, but keep in mind that when you're in first place you also only have one way to go.  The reality is it should be a good game. Lot's of excitement. You were just too quiet up there on that cloud. :ROTF:  I gotta get back to stoking the fire and stirring that cauldron. :dance::ychain:

• Like 1

Hodge71

This weeks sucks as  far as Im concerned...I see everyone is picking the same exact teams which leaves me with no place to go. I'm going out on a limb and hoping my PSU Nittany Lions can pull off a major upset at home. Their defense is top ranked even though the offense plays like the high school JV team. I can only hope at this point. I feel like a shooting range with all the targets on my back. Everyone can commence the laughing now but heres my picks....

Minnesota State Golden Gophers, Wisconsin, Nebraska, Michigan State, PENN STATE NITTANY LIONS!!!!.

• Like 1

jackhammer

I'm not  on the bottom anymore ,, so I'm going to list them here..

Mine are 

Minnesota,    Maryland,    Nebraska,    Michigan St,    Ohio St

Edited by jackhammer

squonk

This weeks (" I can't trust Northwestern! ")  :) Teams are Maryland,Rutgers and Penn St. so I'm going with 

Minn, Wisc, :pray:  Neb  :scared-notify: Mich St  Ohio St. :confusion-seeingstars: 

RMCIII

Picks are coming up pretty much the same:

Minn, Wisconsin, Neb., Mich. St,. Ohio St.

Rob

squonk

I forgot to mention, no football teams from Illinois will win this weekend!!!!!

bitten

illinois

wisconsin

nebraska

m.s.

The OHIO STATE BUCKEYES