Theroundhousernr

wheel horse SK486

Theroundhousernr

So I told a friend about a 16hp kohler for sale near me for $200. It was suppose to be a C series. Running and driving but the deck was shot. Still mowed but had a few extra grass shoots from mother nature. Tractor had no decals and had a farmers John repaint on it. A little rough but a very nice tractor.

So he picks it up and takes notice it has the smaller oil pan on it. It also has a 1inch axle rear...... Thinking that the tractor had been butchered up , he decided to look up the serial number. Low and behold, Its an SK 486..... He actually mowed with it tonight with a spare deck he had. No smoke or knocks.

He calls me pretty excited and I feel like a dummy for not going to pick it up myself. Good thing he looked up the serial number because he planned to part it out. He is not a fan of the 1 inch rear ends and he didn't care for the small pan 16hp.

I am sorry I don't have pictures but going off my description, is there any value in this tractor above and beyond the normal value being that it is a sk 486???

Also would someone be able to put a ball park price on it for me.....

Thanks again Kyle

AMC RULES

I thought you said it was $200?   :dunno:

Theroundhousernr

I should have saw that one coming.... If it was me , I would be keeping it and not worrying about resale but he has to many to deal with. He would like to fix it up and resell it but does not know if it is worth his while or not..... :eusa-think:

Marv

I have one and if I had that one I would keep it too. I will gladly take it off his hands. Bring it on over.

Marvin

Geno

I'll take it too, but I'll take most anything Wheel Horse.   :icecream:  

• Like 1

userj8670

Sorry to be the one to ask but what's the difference between an SK and say a C160 or C161? If both have 16hp motors what's really the difference? Not bashing anyone - just trying to further my wheel horse knowledge. Get some pix!

oaktown1987

A sk tractor is basically a mix of left over parts and and a c is a standard tractor I hope I said that right and made sense