Hodge71

50th Anniversary sticker

Hodge71

I was told by a local dealer that Toro put a rather large 50th anniversary sticker on the hood of the 1996 tractors. Has anyone seen or by chance owns a 1996 Wheel Horse with this sticker on it? He told me it took up roughly a third of the hood and was placed toward the driver seat facing out. It was the Horse head and tire logo with 50th anniversary under it. I didnt want to call him a BS artist but I honestly never saw it and my 96 416 doesnt have it on. Pics would be awesome and measurements showing the size. Im thinking about having Vinyl Guy make me one for the 416 Im redoing for my Dads 73rd birthday.

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Jeff. It seems on a recent CL add I saw a wheel horse tractor with some BIG decal on the hood. Will try to re locate it. Can't remember the pic of what though. Interesting.

Glenn

Racinbob

I do remember seeing something like that. I just did a quick Yahoo search and didn't find it. plenty of "50th Anniversary" but none with the decal. I'm betting someone will find it. That's a neat idea you have.

Martin

I think he is referring to the 60th anniversary tractors. As far as I know the only difference with the 50th was the gold in the decals.....

The 60th also had a large one on the belt guard (not as big as the hood though). And smaller ones on the seat pan.

Go to the files section of the forum and search "final", there is a 2 part PowerPoint on the 60th production run.

Updated with links.....

Edited by Martin

buckrancher

martin is correct

• Like 1

Hodge71

I think he is referring to the 60th anniversary tractors. As far as I know the only difference with the 50th was the gold in the decals.....

The 60th also had a large one on the belt guard (not as big as the hood though). And smaller ones on the seat pan.

Go to the files section of the forum and search "final", there is a 2 part PowerPoint on the 60th production run.

Updated with links.....

That seems to make more sense to me. Now all I need to do is find somebody with that sticker for some pictures and to get dimensions from it. Then I can get one made for the 50th anniversary and put it on the one I'm building for my Dad

MalMac

I am with Martin on this. 50th was just gold lettering. 60th had the big hood decal.

Martin

this is from part 2 of the powerpoint......

post-4321-0-29404100-1407961985_thumb.pn

Challenger

In addition to gold decals, the 50th anniversary 520H also had gold Wheel Horse logos on the plastic wheel covers.

• Like 1

MalMac

Did the 50th have a gold horse head plastic emblem on the front of the hood or was it in the decal. I can't remember. Think it was plastic emblem but can't be sure.

Forest Road

The 50th did have a GOLD horse emblem on the hood. I believe there was a small white decal just below the seat, ok right under your nuts, stating 50th anniversary.

Hey If your dressing her up for dad have something custom made up. Get a little crazy with it.

• Like 1

Forest Road

FYI there's a 60th anniversary in classifieds with plenty of pics