Actonhorse

C-160 auto Hydraulic Pressure leak

Actonhorse

I did a complete rebuild on the transaxle on this unit over the winter and it is working really well for mowing except for a couple of things.  As I mow with it the transaxle heats up like normal and it has lots of power in forward and reverse but when I park it there seems to be excessive pressure build up in the transaxle.  When I am done mowing I pull the dipstick and hear a good "pop" of pressure release.  Is this normal?  Is there supposed to be a breather in this system?  If I don't pull the dipstick the right side axle seal always leaks.  I put new axle seals in this unit when I rebuilt it and have already tried changing the right side one but it still leaks.  I did read in another thread that some of the hydrostatic models have a breather built into the dipstick.  Is this the same on the sundstrand 90?  I am thinking about trying a double seal on this axle but it feels like the pressure will just blow that one out as well.  I have looked through the manual and don't see anything that indicates a breather in this system.  Any help would be appreciated. 

608KEB

If you have a manual. Go to page 17.Read through that it may help.

Molon_Labe

Cut the crimped end off the dipstick handle and you'll have a vent, did it to mine and it works like a charm.

Actonhorse

I do have the manual and page 17 doesn't really say much except to give me an index for differrent parts....

I don't see a crimped end... 

Molon_Labe

Here's what mine looks like now

post-13276-0-62180000-1407697105_thumb.j

SpillerMiller

Glad I read through this. You may have just given me the solution for the same problem

• Like 1