RMCIII

INSANE AMOUNT OF HP!!!!

RMCIII

This is just plain crazy. I wonder how well he would do over here in the states pulling with that? I am not sure we even have a class for that here.... He is shutting it down before they even throw the red flag because he out of track....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tU8uMa1RT-A

Rob

• Like 1

RMCIII

Should have said INSANE! trying to type at night with limited lighting.

C-101plowerpower

well, i didn't expect that :eek: i've seen quite a few crazy pulling tractors, but this, this is just unbelievable. i do wonder why they got a v8 upfront, just because they had room for it, or?

Koen :flags-netherlands: 

RMCIII

Right! I am not even sure the v-8 is hooked up. If you look at the first pull, he shuts it off, about 100 feet into the pull. I think they have it just for the sound of it. :scratchead:

Edited by RMCIII

RMCIII

Also on the firts run, he shuts his engines off, and the tractor and sled are carrying so much speed that it takes another 20', at least to stop. Not quite so much on the 2nd pull because of the additional weight, but wow, that is CRAZY!!!! Talk about Horse Power. :woohoo:

Edited by RMCIII

AMC RULES

Looks like he was really getting on it during the pull offs, until something let go...maybe that silly V8?   :confusion-shrug:

• Like 1

19richie66

Thats not a V8, thats the starter for the other two engines, lol. What a machine.

• Like 2

RMCIII

The video you have Craig, it appears that the sled box is filled. Usually they place 8 2,000lb blocks into the weight transfer box. I would guess, we will eventually see, one of those monsters on the Lucas circuit.

Rob

shorts

The national finals are the 3rd weekend of august n Bowling Green, OH, 2 tracks, side by side alternating pulls fri. sat. sun.  go to pulltownusa for more info.

Coadster32

That's just crazy!!!

• Like 1

RMCIII

The national finals are the 3rd weekend of august n Bowling Green, OH, 2 tracks, side by side alternating pulls fri. sat. sun.  go to pulltownusa for more info.

Yep, living in Ohio, has it's advantages. I think it is the King state for Truck, tractor, garden tractor pulls.

Rob

shallowwatersailor

My guess is that the V-8 runs the auxiliaries (hydraulic clutches?) so that the mains put out their max horsepower. In Craigs video, it does look like the V-8 let go. It promptly shutdown.

shorts

It's been a few years since I've been to the finals but the multi engine tractors used to use tractor trans and axles and a basic gear box with straight cut gears to carry the power to the trans input shaft the engines had manual in/out clutches to couple them to the gearbox.  The startup process was to start 1 engine with a starter motor and then use it to turn the other engines over 1 at a time by engaging the clutch to the gearbox and then add spark and fuel.

The large V 12's are probably WWII vintage Rolls Royce/Merlins or Allisons out of P-51 Mustang fighters complete with after market hot rod valve trains and other goodies

• Like 1

Zeek

That would be fantastic to see in person!  I think I'd add weight to the sled though . . .  :auto-swerve:

RMCIII

Not sure what it does do, but I would guess, it is for some type of power enhancing. But it seems, it is not always needed. If you watch the 1 I posted, his first run, he never get's on the V-8 until after he leaves, then you hear it open up. Then about 100' later, her shuts it off, and runs the rest of the run without it. Sure would like to know what it does, besides sound amazing!

baerpath

I could see a pair of these on a puller That would be fun  I love the sound of a troit running hard

• Like 1

specialwheelhorse

Used to be an Alison engine puller out of Kenton Ohio

At one time ranked 4 in the country called diggin dozen

Run by the rose family in the early 70s if I recall well.

They pulled for a few years until a big tire blew up

At a pull in Florida and killed one of their men

That ended their pulling. I used to do a lot of work for them.

The old machinist from Texas now. Jim rodgers

• Like 1

Stigian

That's just nuts!!!      Love it :D

• Like 1

RMCIII

Stig - That is across the pond for us, but maybe, there would be one close enough for you to get some action shots at..... I know England is known for Road Ralley. When I was stationed there, I do not remember any advertisments for tractor/truck pulling..

Rob

RMCIII

Used to be an Alison engine puller out of Kenton Ohio

At one time ranked 4 in the country called diggin dozen

Run by the rose family in the early 70s if I recall well.

They pulled for a few years until a big tire blew up

At a pull in Florida and killed one of their men

That ended their pulling. I used to do a lot of work for them.

The old machinist from Texas now. Jim rodgers

Don't remember the accident, but I vaguely remember the name, but I do remember several Allison engines that were in the modified class. The little town of Oregon Il, where I grew up, had 1 of the hottest multi - hemi tractors in the late 70's and early 80's. There was no name for the tractor, just advertised there business Northwest Equipment but the owners were the Jensen Brothers. They had (2) tractors, 1 was set-up with just 1 engine. The Other started with (3), then went to (4) and finished with (5). They still do pull, but it is their son now, who use to be a class mate of mine, that pulls with it. He does more of local pulls now instead of running the circuit.

Rob

C-101plowerpower

Stig - That is across the pond for us, but maybe, there would be one close enough for you to get some action shots at..... I know England is known for Road Ralley. When I was stationed there, I do not remember any advertisments for tractor/truck pulling..

Rob

we just had tractorpulling this past weekend, we had one modified tractor, the impala, sporting one allison v12(normaly has two but one broke down)

Koen :flags-netherlands: 

• Like 1