dtoeppe85

H60 Magneto Replacement

dtoeppe85

I am in the process of going through and rebuilding an H60 for a 68 lawn ranger. One of the ears that the bolt goes through to hold the magneto to the engine is broke. Are there replacements for this? A buddy of mine has a Tecumseh 32554 magneto. Would this magneto work on the H60?

Any help is appreciated.

i don't think it will fit.

check on ebay and search Tecumseh h60 , i see the correct one on there all the time

SousaKerry

Most of the under flywheel magnetos are identical but if you need one with the charging poles they can be tricky to find.

wallfish

Is this what your looking for?

The charging coils got shorted out so they don't work but you can replace them with yours if that's the type you need.

post-658-0-90623000-1407587916_thumb.jpg

dtoeppe85

Here are a few pictures of the two magnetos. The original I removed from the engine and the 32554. The only difference I can see are that the original has two leads coming off the charging coils that connect to the rectifier and the 32554 only has one. Could I just split the one lead to two on the new magneto, or is there something else I'm missing?

post-13303-0-15485900-1407696054_thumb.j

post-13303-0-63270900-1407696058_thumb.j

dtoeppe85

Anyone have any ideas?

wallfish

Don't think you need to split it, just use it on one side. Better yet, the correct rectifier for that coil is probably the best solution if you use it. I'm by far NOT an electrical expert so maybe someone who knows for sure will chime in.

I know the manual for the older type with the diodes, recommended removing 1 diode to cut the power in half if the engine was run for long periods of time to help prevent overcharging the battery.