bigred520h

What decks for 1997 520h??

bigred520h

I have just acquired a nice 1997 520h. It does not have a deck or mule drive. I am going to start looking for decks, but I am having some trouble determining which decks will fit my model. Any info is appreciated. Thanks.

gwest_ca

There are many so look at this attachment list. Follow the 520 models right up and you will see the same decks fit many models.

Garry

bigred520h

Thanks!

cheesegrader

The most common deck for that model is the 48" side discharge

78361 is the late 90's model number.  

Earlier attach-o-matic models will fit, going back to the late '70's

1548sc01, 02, or 03 are also common.

60" decks will fit that tractor, but they should have a mule drive that pivots when the deck is lifted.

The standard mule drive will work to mow, but you run the risk of throwing the belt when you lift if you don't have the right mule.

42" decks with attach-o-matic mounts will also fit, but they seem small on a such a big tractor.

bigred520h

Nice. I appreciate the input. That's pretty remarkable how a tractor from the late 90's will accommodate a deck from the 70's. So was there a different mule drive for just the 60" deck? Thanks.

zieg72

Nice. I appreciate the input. That's pretty remarkable how a tractor from the late 90's will accommodate a deck from the 70's. So was there a different mule drive for just the 60" deck? Thanks.

Yes.

bigred520h

Will a deck from a B80 work?

cheesegrader

Probably.

A, B, and C series tractors with attach-o-matic mounts should be interchangeable. (But not the D's)

I've seen some very strange modificaitons, so you have to be careful.

Check the model number, and make sure nothing strange has been done to the mounts.

bigred520h

OK thanks.

gwest_ca

A-Series tractors have vertical crankshafts so the decks are different.

The B-Series tractors have both vertical and horizontal crankshafts so only the horizontal models use the C-Series except C-195 and 300, 400 and 500-Series decks.

Pay attention to the deck sizes used on your model. Not all were used likely because of rear tire clearance or lack of it.

The 37" 2-blade decks required smaller front tires for clearance on turns.

Garry

bigred520h

This particular B80 is in decent shape. It caught my eye when I looked at it. It looks just like the same setup for the 520h. I was waiting for someone to confirm this. Thanks for the help. I'll make sure the deck clears the tires too.

leeave96

Interchangeability. Perhaps one of the GREATEST attributes of these fine machines.

• Like 1

bigred520h

Interchangeability...great....availability. ...not so great, at least in my area.