Sign in to follow this  
1maidenfan

needle bearing, transaxle D series.

1maidenfan

In need of a needle bearing for a D series transaxle. Part number 1532.

I have found a few on other "Google sites" but would rather get it here if possible.

Thanks.

gwest_ca

See if this works. 1532 is in the 2nd file

Garry

pfrederi

There is one needle bearing (WH8049 later #5960) in the transaxle that is NLA from Toro.  A couple years ago I went to Motion industries and another bearing place...neither could match it. Be very careful with that one. I had to reuse the old one.

stevasaurus

Do you have the ID and the height of that needle bearing (WH 8049---#5960)???  :)

pfrederi

Do you have the ID and the height of that needle bearing (WH 8049---#5960)???  :)

No sorry don't have it any more.  issue was the width of the bearing it is thinner than standard

• Like 1

1maidenfan

See if this works. 1532 is in the 2nd file

Garry

Thanks for your help.

There is one needle bearing (WH8049 later #5960) in the transaxle that is NLA from Toro.  A couple years ago I went to Motion industries and another bearing place...neither could match it. Be very careful with that one. I had to reuse the old one.

Thanks for the info.

1maidenfan

I have the parts manual and it is showing the bearing to be 1" x 1 1/4" x 3/4"  part number being 1532

Not sure where the 8049 part number is from???

Thanks... :handgestures-thumbupright:  :greetings-clappingyellow:

1maidenfan

I am rebuilding this for another redsquare member and that bearing is not saveable, needles are missing, along with some metal as a bolt snapped and tore it up...alittle.

pfrederi

Just to be clear the D series transaxle uses 3 1532 needle bearings. Still available and also can be sourced elsewhere.  However there is one needle bearing behind the Hydro motor that is part number 8049.  It and its replacement# are NLA from Toro.  I never found a commercial replacement  (shades of the 1533 bearing) The issue was the length (i called it width above, sorry) it is only 5/8" long...no one had a bearing that short with the correct ID and OD. It has been a couple of years but I didn't see any way to use a longer bearing. (3/4" is a standard size but too long.

• Like 1

pfrederi

Looking at parts manual I would guess 1" ID  1-1/4" OD  5/8" long

stevasaurus

Thanks guys...If that bearing is/was/would be available...KOYO or Torrington would call it  B-1610...that is how they use their numbers.  B = needle bearing...16 is 16 16ths or 1" ID and 10 is 5/8" or 10/16" height.  This would be for the #8049 bearing.

Check this out...pricy but there if this is what you guys are talking about...

http://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/product/00090545/Koyo%C2%AE+B-1610+Drawn+Cup+Needle+Roller+Bearing%2C+Bore+Dia.%3A+1%22%2C+Outside+Dia.%3A+1-1%2F4%22%2C+Width%3A+5%2F8%22%2C+Max+RPM%3A+4%2C300RPM/en?category=Bearings%3ERoller+Bearings%3ENeedle+Roller+Bearings+%26+Rings%3EDrawn+Cup+Needle+Roller+Bearings

Edited by stevasaurus

stevasaurus

And just to clarify...the 1532 needle bearing is a cap bearing...1 x 1 1/4 x 3/4.  KOYO or Torrington would call that...M-16121.  I don't know if the "M" stands for cap/or the 1 at the end does...but the 16 is 16 16ths ID (or 1") and the 12 is 12/16ths height...or 3/4" 

Type  "Motion Industries" in Google click on bearings...type M-16121 in the bearing search box...hit enter

http://www.motionindustries.com/motion3/jsp/mii/product/00090903/Koyo%C2%AE+M-16121+Drawn+Cup+Needle+Roller+Bearing%2C+Bore+Dia.%3A+1%22%2C+Outside+Dia.%3A+1-1%2F4%22%2C+Width%3A+3%2F4%22%2C+Max+RPM%3A+4%2C300RPM/en?category=Bearings%3ERoller+Bearings%3ENeedle+Roller+Bearings+%26+Rings%3EDrawn+Cup+Needle+Roller+Bearings

You can also search on their site for measurements of bearings to see what is available...they do not have everything...but it is the first place I look, and knowing how they measure there stock makes it fairly easy to see if it is out there.  Hope that helps guys  :)

The nice thing here is...if you have the ID and the height, you can name the bearing (KOYO/torrington) and go to NAPA or somewhere else and see if they can cross reference that number...rather then a Wheel Horse # that nobody knows what you are talking about. :eusa-think: 

Edited by stevasaurus
  • Like 1

pfrederi

Steve that is great information...thank you so much.  Now if i can just remember if the bearing is open or closed on one end.  That would make it M-1610 I think

stevasaurus

Close Paul...M-16101.  It is a 1 on the end with no space.  If that is the right bearing...Please add it to the crossover thread.  Thanks  :)