ben06351

1968 Commando 800

ben06351

post-4558-0-86863800-1407090442_thumb.jppost-4558-0-74491400-1407090557_thumb.jp

one of my buddies just drop this offhe told me it was A 1968. it even came with a mower deck

Sparky

I think its either this...

1-0110 1972 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando 800 4-Speed Kohler K181S-30461D 8 Wheel Horse 5085

or this...

1-0130 1973 Lawn & Garden Tractor Commando 800 4-Speed Kohler K181S-30461D 8 Wheel Horse 5085

Mike...........

• Like 1

Racinbob

I agree, a 72 or 73. Not a 68.

• Like 1

Geno

I have one of those and it's the sweetest running tractor I have.  I thought they were only made in 1972.   :eusa-think:   It has all the Commando looks from decals to the correct hood, the tach-a-matic in the front, the short frame and it has the right (small) wheels on the rear but I think the fronts are wrong (too big).  You can put the larger wheels on the back as they look better but the hole for the hub in the wheel will be larger than the hub extension on hub flange.  Still looks good and most people don't notice.  :) 

• Like 1

AMC RULES
This is a '68 Commando Eight. 

• Like 1

Geno

:omg:

Can I ride it please please?  :)

AMC RULES

Sure...    :teasing-poke: 

some assembly required. 

woodchuckfarmer

Ive got one model 101107 serial no 862379. It has 6 inch rims on the front. its my go to tractor and halls the yard cart.

ben06351

Well 72 or 73 sounds good to me. Hopefully I'll get a chance to get it running soon.

Racinbob

I have one of those and it's the sweetest running tractor I have.  I thought they were only made in 1972.   :eusa-think:   It has all the Commando looks from decals to the correct hood, the tach-a-matic in the front, the short frame and it has the right (small) wheels on the rear but I think the fronts are wrong (too big).  You can put the larger wheels on the back as they look better but the hole for the hub in the wheel will be larger than the hub extension on hub flange.  Still looks good and most people don't notice.  :)

I was kinda thinking only 1972 as well but I'm not certain. I put 22.750 x 12's off a 76 B-80 on my grandsons and they balanced out well with the 6" fronts. But the wheel hole was the same size as the hub flange thingy. You just made me go out and recheck though. :)