Stepney

Yellow WH Industrial..?

AMC RULES

So...

it left the  :wh: factory that color Scott?     :scratchead:     

Can confirm this...    :text-bravo:

but I thought I've read some left wearing OD green for military duty too. 

• Like 1

Fun Engineer

So...

it left the :wh: factory that color Scott? :scratchead:

Can confirm this... :text-bravo:

id like to see that.

Geno

So...

it left the  :wh: factory that color Scott?     :scratchead:     

Can confirm this...    :text-bravo:

Nothing else could withstand military duty for sure!   :text-goodpost:

whfan74

The gentleman he purchased it from acquired it from the highway dept. he touched up the paint a bit and put some new decals on it. When he brought it home the paint was chipping all over. No primer or red paint was anywhere underneath.

• Like 1

rmaynard

I would like Mike Martino to chime in on this one. With all the documentation and hours of conversation that came from Cecil Pond in order to write his book, somewhere in that vast collection there would be some mention of special contract builds coming out of the factory.  We all know that the engines came from Kohler prepainted, so that means that Kohler would have had to change colors as well. By the time the C-121 in Scott's picture was built, the paint line was fully automated. In order for the factory to shut down the paint line and switch color, there would have to be a significant number of units sold to do that.  In my opinion, I don't think that these tractors were painted yellow or green or any other color other than red at the Wheel Horse factory.

Just my 2 cents worth.

Zeus55

It's Caterpillar yellow. Nice looking tractor.

I'm still thinking about my 706 restoration and I'm not sure if I want it in red.

I won't be making exibition and will only use it for fun carrying grand childrens so, yes it's nice in original red but there are also other nice colors.

Geno

I would like Mike Martino to chime in on this one. With all the documentation and hours of conversation that came from Cecil Pond in order to write his book, somewhere in that vast collection there would be some mention of special contract builds coming out of the factory.  We all know that the engines came from Kohler prepainted, so that means that Kohler would have had to change colors as well. By the time the C-121 in Scott's picture was built, the paint line was fully automated. In order for the factory to shut down the paint line and switch color, there would have to be a significant number of units sold to do that.  In my opinion, I don't think that these tractors were painted yellow or green or any other color other than red at the Wheel Horse factory.

Just my 2 cents worth.

They could have sent them out to be painted another color.  Sorta like the fact that GM never paints 2 tone vehicles but they are on the lot new.  GM sends them out for the 2nd color and the original color from the factory will be underneath.  My 97 Chevy truck is this way, bought it new.  Wheel Horse could have sent parts to someone else unpainted to have them paint it.  Not to say this happened but it is one explanation.   :)

T McCool

That is sweet!

• Like 1