oldblue1993

K341s question

oldblue1993

I have a K341s thats in need of rings really bad , its a 71128a . What I am wondering is that I see 2 sets of rings available for this. I really cant afford to be wrong when buying them, I see the old style and new style piston and rings listed.4510810-S and 4587401-S . I can find the second set pretty cheap but the first is way out of my price range right now. My question is and please understand my predicament could I use the one set of rings on the other piston. everything seems to measure and line up just cant afford to be wrong. Thanks for any help and I hope you all understand this question,

oldredrider

You will have to take the piston out to see what type it is to match rings to it.

That's the only way to determine which rings you need.

WH nut

Im not sure what your budget is, but buy a complete rebuild kit off ebay. A little over 100 bucks

• Like 1

JustinW.73

WH nut is right, get the right one the first time. Then your not wasting your money.

oldblue1993

Sorry for not getting back, I ended up pulling the oil pan and looked up in  "small wrist pin  on the rod but  looked like a wide wrist pin on piston. I pulled it out and sure enough a little old and new. I ended up buying a kohler rebuild kit and just going that route. The only thing I couldn't do was the balance gears, after reading so many different things on them I left the out. I have never really rebuilt a small engine before and for the first time I actually enjoyed doing it, she fired right up and purrs like a kitten now. Thanks for all your help and not just from this post but others as well.

oldredrider

Glad you got it back up and running. By rebuilding, you did the right thing.

Balance gears are more trouble than they are worth. All my engine rebuilds end up lighter because the balance gears go in the scrap pile.