D Block

42" deck image/pic

D Block

Does anyone have an underside pic of a 42" SD deck? Just bought one for my 310 and the grass is clumping. There are no deflectors under the deck. Looks like they we're cut out at some point. Thinking I need to bend some up and tack them in to properly throw the grass out of the side chute. Thanks!!

tgranthamfd

does it have the right blades on it? Reason I ask is, my brother got some blades that was bent wrong and sharpened on the wrong edge for the decks rotation, think they may have been some oregons, or something other than toro / wheel horse.

D Block

I just sharpened the blades but ill probably pick up some new ones anyway. They look ok and it cuts fine. It just won't shoot the grass out of the side chute. The deflectors are obviously missing from beneath the deck and I need to replace them

tgranthamfd

I just sharpened the blades but ill probably pick up some new ones anyway. They look ok and it cuts fine. It just won't shoot the grass out of the side chute. The deflectors are obviously missing from beneath the deck and I need to replace them

Your deck belt is not streached out and slipping, is it? I've got 42" decks with and without baffles, and they all throw clippings the same?

D Block

Brand new belts.. I'm wondering if I have ithe pto belt routed correctly.

doc724

Two possible causes.  1.  You need high lift blades (low lift blades are for rear discharge).  2.  The cutting edge needs to be closest to the ground.  No disrespect, but the blades will cut if you install them upside down-I and many others have done it.  There are no baffles on newer 42 inch SD decks.   My 42 inch deck is on the tractor now, however, here is a pix of a 48 inch one.  They are identical except for size.

post-5634-0-77087200-1406311956.jpg

diamondred

There is two pulleys on the PTO. One is sightly larger than the other, use that one. It will actually spin the blades faster.

D Block

I noticed when I engaged the blades there was a funny grinding noise. I pulled the deck this morning and discovered the far right blade was loose. I added some blue locktite and re-torqued. Works nice now. Cuts much more even than my 2 blade 36" deck. Thanks for the input.