Hemi8816

5xi snow plow

Hemi8816

Does anyone know the length of the plow frame for a 79355 plow used on the 5xi series ?

doc724

Tell me where you want the dimension measured (for example from blade pivot hole to the hitch mounting location) and I will go out to the shed and measure mine

Hemi8816

Thanks for the reply. Looking for the length of the plow frame itself from the large bolt that holds the blade on, to the end with the bar that fits into the rear attach bracket mounted to the axle. Trying to see if I can modify an older plow that fits a C series or a 300, 400 series. I believe I need to make the plow frame longer but do not know how much. I have several older plows but cannot seem to find any attachments in my area for the 5xi series. Any help would be appreciated.

doc724

It is 70 inches (center of the bolt to center of the attachment bar).  For reference, the standard C-series plow is 63 inches.  Width between the channels at the back is the same as the C-series plow.  Also note, because the 5xi plow is long, Toro added a ring to the plow near the front under the front tach-a-matic to accept a retainer which snaps into the front tach-a-matic.  Go to Partstree.com and you can see a pix of it.  The purpose is to prevent the frame from moving sideways when plowing at an angle when you hit a snow bank.  On the smaller machines, the plow was shorter and the machines were only 600 pounds so they slid when you hit the snow bank.  Try this on a 5xi and you will bend something.  Good luck.

RMCIII

Hemi - one other item to point out. You may have already figured this out, the attach-a-matics on the "XI" are larger than that of the other lines of WH.

gwest_ca

The sway control was a retrofit for early dozer blades

Garry

Hemi8816

Thank you all for the input and help.

Ed