tkbrackett

D250 What is it worth?

tkbrackett

I live in Arkansas and just bought a 78 D250 with no attachments. Runs good but needs points replaced, key switch. Back tires are flat and front seal on hydraulic pump is leaking.also would need new battery. cracks in rear plastic fenders. but still in real nice shape. Don't know much about them. Know they are well liked in the north. It has 915 hours on it. also have parts manual. Any idea to value? will try and get pics, just trying to get some kind of idea. and yes would be willing to sale.

• Like 3

jackhammer

Welcome to Red Square.  Years ago I labored on a pipeline with a bunch of guys --back then from Bald Knob .  Cant be too far away

KC9KAS

Can't help on the D-250 price, but most say parts are VERY difficult to find.

But, :WRS:

Cutlas3391

Probably around $500.00 for a quick sale.

baerpath

Theirs a bunch for sale in the classifieds section. Including one of mine That should give you an idea.

eddiebunyan

500 Bucks are you kidding me! I'd buy any D-250 for that price! I don't care what shape it was in!Did you see what "Joe's outdoor" was asking for individual parts!What a shame to take a tractor apart and sell it for pieces. Does anyone know how many D-250"s were made??

• Like 1

Ethan and Randies horses

we went to an auction last week that had two D-250s and they only sold for 300 and 400 and they had some other d something with 3 point that sold for 300.

Geno

There worth a lot if you part it out that's for sure, because so many of them need parts.  I would never own one for that very reason.  It's also the only reason I would buy one (to part it) and I buy everything.   :laughing-rolling:

stevebo

It really depends on who the buyer is. I have never owned one nor would I want one unless it was REALLY nice. IMO due to parts being so hard to find and so many things can and do go wrong with them I would rather have another smaller horse. IMO it is kind of like owning an old car that needs to be repaired a lot. My buddy restored one and when it was done EVERYTHING worked on it as it should, even the dash lights. (see pic). I believe he sold it to a well know member here for around $2000 +/- a few bucks. 

post-734-0-91488900-1411692928.jpg

post-734-0-45207100-1411692939.jpg

post-734-0-04109600-1411692946.jpg

• Like 5

Geno

I don't think I've ever seen one that nice, wow.  :bow-blue:

eddiebunyan

Excellent job!I don't suppose he had a manual for the front blade?I'm looking for a copy. Maybe it's just up here(Maine) but anything that size fetches $2000,unrestored!

Catmanii

Yep, parts is a problem and in really good shape the price is getting close to that of the small used sub compact 4 wheel drive diesel Yanmar tractors and you can get parts for them. Made in Japan along with several other makes they are good little tractors and the diesel engines just run forever. They are not Red though.  :)

Edited by Catmanii

CasualObserver

This one just sold at auction near me for $650. Turned over slowly early in the day but didn't start.  Dead battery as sale time from kids playing with it all morning.

20145.jpg

20144.jpg

• Like 1

Tankman

Now that is a Stallion! Wow, excellent.

eddiebunyan

$650??? Unbelievable."Joes has the mower deck alone for $400.I gotta do a field trip,I could tripple the value up hrere  (Maine).You've got to ask yourself as wheel horse collectors are we under valuating these machines just for the "quick sale"? Good shape "c's" with an attatchment go for $1000 in my neck of the woods!Maybe they are more valuble up here because we use them for everything?Plowing,tilling,cutting,snowblowing,grading,towing,plowing snow,hauling firewood, etc.I went to the show in Penn. this year(my first time) and I don't recall seeing one D-250, But the anniversary "chrome" ones had Four shows and only 250 were produced?

• Like 1

Cutlas3391

I didn't do to bad here my neck of woods I bought my D250 with deck and snowblower for $700.00. I also have 3 D250 Decks up for sale.

My D250

post-8224-141204000485_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

baerpath

This one just sold at auction near me for $650. Turned over slowly early in the day but didn't start.  Dead battery as sale time from kids playing with it all morning.

20145.jpg

20144.jpg

Paint the deck yellow, sell it to the Deere guy's and you'd have a free D 250

• Like 4

eddiebunyan

Good Idea!!

Amanda

I want a snow thrower so bad!

baerpath

ARae I have a spare .

btm1970

john cambell and I were at a farm auction last week.  a  d250 with a mower deck in avg. shape sold for 1600.00. add a 10 percent buyer fee and sales tax and your at 1900.00.

Edited by btm1970

eddiebunyan

Now that's more like it!

Cutlas3391

In that case I'll sell mine D250 with 4 Decks and plow for $2000

Amanda

How much you asking? I have my loader that I have yet to use....

In that case I'll sell mine D250 with 4 Decks and plow for $2000

you can get a lot more!!!

I have a d250, plow, original loader and 3 decks

Cutlas3391

Cool I sell it for $2500.00🎃