Jake Kuhn

Joined the black hood club

dclarke

Nice score Jake! You're gonna like that .

AMC RULES

Them blackhoods really are great tractors.    :handgestures-thumbsup: 

Looks like you scored a nice one there Jake. 

brandonozz

I've got to admit that the lines on the black hoods really grew on me.  Definately a different look with the sharp corners on the edges of the hood.

Sparky

Real nice machine.

I bet it feels like a Cadillac after driving those little round hoods for so many years!

Mike............

papaglide

Nice looking tractor. You did well picking that up!

stevasaurus

Jake (from State Farm), I just can't believe you went newer!!!  What were you thinking???  The next thing that is going to happen is girls and a fast car.  Better those black stripes were on a louvered hood on an old Mustang.  To your Dad...Doug don't you hate to see them grow up??  :ychain::)

BTW...nice looking horse...just don't bring it to a show.  :eusa-think::)

• Like 1

squonk

The snow really piles up on those Flat Tops with a blower!  :helmet:  (Ask me how I know!) :) I think the guy on the right was in some Movies!  :bow-blue:  :bow-blue:  :ROTF:

What Squonk says makes  :twocents-mytwocents:  :twocents-mytwocents:

varosd

nice old picture!  looks like a Members only jacket   all the rage in the mid-80's!

• Like 2

posifour11

Congrats! You'll like, even if its newer.

• Like 1

ol550

Won't be long now, you'll be in the 520 club too. :confusion-waiting:

• Like 2

Ken B

Very nice score Jake! You are going to really like that tractor when it snows that is for sure. The photo is real cool, was it included in the deal?

Geno

Very nice looking tractor Jake.  :)   I have a black hood myself and it used to be the black sheep of the family but the more I look at it the more I like it.  B)

• Like 1

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

Jake. Real real nice. I allways liked those black hoods. One day......

Glenn

Ken B

nice old picture!  looks like a Members only jacket   all the rage in the mid-80's!

Back in the 80's I had my black 79 Z-28 and the jacket. I was all set! (My wife was sittin next to me when I opened this thread and at first she thought that guy was me!)

55hp020-1.jpg

• Like 5

Jake Kuhn

Thanks all, I don't know about the 520 club, but maybe someday if I find the right deal.  :)  

Ken, the guy that owned all this stuff passed away a few years ago and was in charge of selling everything. My dad knew him from way back when. Everyone in the family were really nice people, and didn't want crazy money, just a fair price and someone that could use it. I spent about 3 days digging and then ended up going back in the middle of the week for a couple days and help them dig stuff out for the sale. I had a good time, and got to make sure nobody walked away with anything wheel horse. :ychain:  Anyways, enough with my story, but I looked up the guy on facebook, and he had a bunch of old pictures of the place from way back when and there this one was. But it is a cool photo, too bad that sign was gone, but I did score two original kohler signs for $5  Also another cool find were two tecumseh school patches, and an original 1982 wheel horse patch that I pulled out of a bin that was on its way to scrap. I'll put a couple more pictures of the stuff tomorrow for anyone that might want to see it.

• Like 2

brybrychrismer

great find congrats.

Wheel-N-It

You did real good with that score Jake! The Black Hoods are classic Wheel Horses :handgestures-thumbupright:

• Like 1

Zeek

Hi all,

Picked up a c175 at an estate sale a couple of weeks ago. Has always been kept inside, and has 885 hrs. In really nice shape besides the hood, no rust pits, or dents in anything else. Runs perfect, and the hydro is good and strong. Was not running when i bought it, but just took a battery and a shot of starting fluid and it purred to life. Came with a blower, 48" deck, and weights/chains. The sale it was at was a really cool place. The guy used to run a wheel horse dealer, but sold all his stuff about 10 yrs ago, this was his personal tractor. He did still have a few engine parts left over that I picked up, but nothing really special. There were 3 barns packed with stuff, you could hardly walk through, it was fun to dig through everything. Anyways, here's my tractor, never thought I would buy a horse this new, but this one is a keeper and I really like it. It will be my new blower tractor. Someday I might even do a quick repaint on it, as it would be an easy one to do.

attachicon.gifDSCN2652.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN2653.JPG

attachicon.gifDSCN2654.JPG

Also, I believe it is brand new in this picture of it at the dealer....

attachicon.gif175 new.jpg

Nice tractor!  That sounded like a good way to spend the day.  

Back in the 80's I had my black 79 Z-28 and the jacket. I was all set! (My wife was sittin next to me when I opened this thread and at first she thought that guy was me!)

55hp020-1.jpg

:handgestures-thumbupright: I had the TransAm jacket when Smokey and the Bandit was the big and I decided I need a TransAm - 4 to be exact.

• Like 1

Jake Kuhn

Got some pictures of a couple of the other things I picked up. Here's the patches, a cabinet full of NOS stuff but nothing too special in there. Also the better kohler sign, there were two of them, but the other has paint flecking off on the bottom. I picked up a couple other things, but nothing really worthy of posting. There were a few other off brand parts I picked up and listed on ebay and just about paid for all the little stuff I bought so it worked out well. :)

post-4240-0-35333900-1406161026_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-55682600-1406161029_thumb.jp

post-4240-0-35302500-1406161031_thumb.jp

• Like 3

bud1975

I have a C145 black hood for sale. Tried to post pics but don't know how

Martin

nice blackhood, Jake.....

and interesting story behind it too....

Edited by Martin

jackhammer

Oh yes ,, very nice tractor..  Btw   what are the vise grips doing

Edited by jackhammer

Jake Kuhn

Oh yes ,, very nice tractor..  Btw   what are the vise grips doing

Thanks, the vise grips were the previous owners "custom" ground cable. Haven't gotten a chance to fix it yet. lol

Geno

It's always nice to get an extra tool with the deal.  :eusa-clap:

• Like 2