nylyon

A sad good bye and a happy hello

nylyon

On Thursday we needed to put the best dog ever to sleep.  Stout was my loyal companion who stood by my side day and night.  Working from home, he and I spent more time together than anyone else and I will miss him dearly.

post-5-0-35927800-1405296903_thumb.jpg

But I am a dog person and feel empty without one.  Today we went to the SPCA in Westchester County NY and found a beautiful baby girl Lab. They said she was pure, but looks to me like a mix.  Doesn't matter, she's adorable, playful and sweet.  We welcomed "Raven" to our home today, and look forward to a long time with her.

post-5-0-55654300-1405296902.jpg

• Like 6

Fun Engineer

Sorry for your loss Karl. Raven looks like she'll be a great companion.

Sent from my tractor seat.

AMC RULES

RIP Stout...

:WRS:  Raven. 

rexman72

sorry you had  to put stout down

Ken B

I'm real sorry you had to put Stout down Karl. I'm a dog lover myself and that hurts real bad. Raven is adorable! Maybe a little Border Collie in her?

Racinbob

I know far too well how hard it is to lose a beloved dog. My condolences. Stout looks so content and loved. Raven joining your family is the very best medicine to help you through it and create more memories that only dogs can offer us.

nylyon

I looked at the adoption papers, and she is listed as a Lab mix.  She has the tiniest white patch on her chest, only 2 or 3 hairs wide and an inch long, maybe 20 hair in all.

She's small for a lab so what ever the mix is it's smaller.

neil

Karl, it must have been heartbreaking to post up the picture of Stout . I couldn't imagine my life without a dog or two in it.

Although Raven will never replace what you had with stout, I'm sure your new family member will bring you bundles of fun & enjoyment in a different way.

Raven looks a real cutie & boy you are gonna need lots of energy yourself as she looks to be very energetic

Have fun mate

meadowfield

Sad news Karl, raven looks cute :)

• Like 1

Coadster32

Cograts...your right, she is adorable, and the best way to fill a void.

JC 1965

Sorry for your loss Karl. I went through the same thing a few years ago when our little dog got sick and the vet said she needed to be put down. I didn't get another dog to replace her but after seeing    the pic of beautiful little Raven, I'm beginning to rethink my decision.

dennist

Our dogs are all aging right now also, last year we had to put my boys dog(Ruthie) down. And yes it makes a grown man cry. That feeling of knowing you are doing the right thing for your dog does little for you at the moment. Glad to see you could get another so soon.

stevasaurus

Believe me, I know how hard it is to put a member of the family down...you will probably out live this new one also.  Like anything else, it is one day at a time, and you learn to live that way.  I am sorry for your loss Karl, and happy that you also found a new friend.  Live every day mate...I know you know that.  :)

Kennedy

Sorry to hear this.  Have fun with the puppy they grow up fast.

Digger 66

Today we went to the SPCA

That's what I like to hear ^ .

After you heal ( a little ) , there's nothing like bringing a new friend home .

Sparky

Better hide yer pink fuzzy rabbit head slippers Karl.....pups love to chew!!

:ychain:

Mike...............

nylyon

Better hide yer pink fuzzy rabbit head slippers Karl.....pups love to chew!!

:ychain:

Mike...............

We have a brand new iPad charger cable thanks to Pepper Raven didn't sound right for her.

Wheel-N-It

My heart goes out to you and the family Karl. Goes out sad for the loss of Stout.:( Then goes out happy for the addition of Raven. :)