shallowwatersailor

523Dxi - Third Amigo Added and It's a Diesel!

Racinbob

Awesome line up you have there. That diesel sounds great.

Fun Engineer

Nice herd there John.

Sent from my tractor seat.

AMC RULES

I know where there is an NOS KWIK-WAY loader for it.   :) 

• Like 2

dennist

Nice...

papaglide

Wow, now that is really nice.

rick

very nice!

19richie66

Nice tractors. Is that the Briggs/Daihatsu diesel? We have one in a workman at work and you just cant stop it. Seems like a great motor. Not much love for the gas version. We always had problems with the carburetors till they went injected. Not too bad now.

Rick_in_CT

In this case, three is not a crowd, you are just getting the party started.  As stated, the diesel sounds great.

Best of luck with the new addition to the herd.

Rick

shallowwatersailor

Nice tractors. Is that the Briggs/Daihatsu diesel? We have one in a workman at work and you just cant stop it. Seems like a great motor. Not much love for the gas version. We always had problems with the carburetors till they went injected. Not too bad now.

Yes, it is the DM 850 D by Daihatsu/Briggs. It is listed at 23.6 hp and 40 ft./lb. of torque. In this application it is very under-stressed so I don't think I need the turbo version. Believe it or not, they put these engines in automobiles as well back in the '80s.

Brrly1

Jealous, very jealous, one day when or shall I say the next time I get the chance!!!

rexman72

what a great tractor you got and congrats on it

JERSEYHAWG /  Glenn

John, best of luck. The diesel sounds very very good. Not as much chatter as I would have thought.

Glenn

userj8670

Sounds like a mini detroit!

Brrly1

I drove Ken's at the show with the front end loader. One slick tractor. It was very impressive, my thoughts would have been alot of vibration  and noisy. Beings I have an xi it would be difficult to get rid of because this tractor is nothing short of a beast. Congrats on the purchase! Very nice tractor!

shallowwatersailor

I drove Ken's at the show with the front end loader. One slick tractor. It was very impressive, my thoughts would have been alot of vibration  and noisy. Beings I have an xi it would be difficult to get rid of because this tractor is nothing short of a beast. Congrats on the purchase! Very nice tractor!

I'm afraid that everyone is going to discover our secret about the 5xi and drive the prices up! :eusa-shhh:

After getting one with PS, I wouldn't mind a 522xi or a 520Lxi. The 1" larger steering wheel on the 520 compared to the 518 does make a difference. I'm going to have to try ribbed tires like "Forest Road" suggests.

case442

Hi All,

Any chance you might put a photo up of the clevis hitch please. I pm'd you but didnt get a response. I would like to put a clevis hitch on my 522 for my plow. 

Thank you,

Mike

Forest Road

Very nice find! Im a bot jealous.

Not sure if I informed RS of the new tires on my 522xi loader. I went with the Vredesteins 4 or 5 rib. They seem nice and stable. Haven't had much chance to really use them. I was concerned that the standard Firestone TRI rib might tear up the property with a loaded bucket.

http://www.millertire.com/products/implement-tires/rib-implement-tires/16x6-50-8/16x6-50-8-v61-hd-5-rib-170-60-8-6-ply/

Brrly1

When your crusing, yes, the Firestones tri-ribs will leave a mark. Its grass it'll grow back. Thats what I run on the 520xi

Forest Road

Thanks Brrrly1. I have the firestones on a 314. Love em! Especially when its time for the snow blower. For the loader, which has power steering, I def wanted a wider footprint with some ribs. The Vrederstein fit the bill.

Thanks Brrrly1. I have the firestones on a 314. Love em! Especially when its time for the snow blower. For the loader, which has power steering, I def wanted a wider footprint with some ribs. The Vrederstein fit the bill.

jdleach

Very nice trio o' tractors.

brandonozz

Nice tractor ( and stable) and sounds great.  I've got to say that engine compartment has a lot going on.... like trying to stuff 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound sack!  LOL!

userj8670

That needs a stack!

shallowwatersailor

Nice tractor ( and stable) and sounds great.  I've got to say that engine compartment has a lot going on.... like trying to stuff 10 pounds of crap into a 5 pound sack!  LOL!

It actually is more accessible than the Kohler-version engine compartment. The only difficult items are the petcocks on the bottom of the radiator. I still need to tackle them.

RMCIII

John;

You should ask the guy in NY if he wants to sell the Kwik Way loader. Craig sent the link a few weeks back. Would look great on that beast.

Rob