j main

Need Help finding brake Band Lineing

j main

Hello Guys

Im trying to find a Brake Band Lineing for a Raider 10.I called Daves Tractor World.And was told

That there not carrying WheelHorse parts anymore.Iam looking for pre cut pre drilled ready to put on.

I have also tryed ebay I didnt find what I was looking for.Anyone know where I could get this from?

Thank you

Jeff

j main

Hi Guys

Well after trying around my town here.To find the lining .I called a Toro dealer 40 miles

from where I live.I just bought a brand new band with the linning for 65. bucks My wife

about fell over when I told here the cost lol. I tryed several places and know body had one

Now my next question is how hard is it to change out? A how to or a diagram would be of grate help.

I have never change one before cant be to hard.

Thank you

Jeff

Martin

you can buy the material from mcmaster carr and save a bunch of $$$$$$......

i know it not ready to put on, but its much more reasonable that the oem cost.......

heres some detail and a method of installing it. this is the way i did it, others have commented after my post with their opinions.......

Edited by Martin

j main

Than You Martin

The pics really helped .I love your work you do Awsome work

Thanks Again

Jeff

daveoman1966

Cut an old leather belt of about 2" wide to a length that'll fit the inside of the metal brake band.  Liberally apply an epoxy bonding agent (POR 15 is great) to glue the leather strip.  Clamp over-night to let dry.

• Like 3

zieg72

Great tip, need to do this on my 414-8.  I've got a belt or two I've grown out of...

Edited by zieg72

AMC RULES

• Like 1

jdleach

I strongly concur with Craig's post above.

There is nothing wrong with making your own lining, and if money is REAL tight, that is the way to go.

That said, Bob Maynard is looking to go back into production of these linings since his agreement/contract with Tractor World is over.

For my part, I try to purchase most of my parts from the members here on the forum. The benefit of doing such is manifold:

1. The quality is uniformly great. These guys make their products for their own tractors, as well as for sale.

2. None of them are getting rich doing it, but derive a tremendous pleasure in furthering the hobby. A little side cash made is certainly deserved.

3. The prices are very hard to beat. This goes along with number 3., I have never seen any "gouging", or inflated prices. They do try to make a little though, as rightly they should for their efforts.

4. They are forum members, and great people to deal with. NO ONE, have I ever have heard, got screwed by them.

I am a 30 plus year toolmaker, and can make about any part on one of these tractors on my own. Outside of sheet metal, there isn't anything that I would find terribly difficult, only time consuming. That said, when it comes to the time when I will need a new lining, if Bob is back into production, I will get it from him. Ain't worth the time and headache to make it myself, and the price is dirt cheap. Hell, I own a complete machine shop, and will still buy it from Bob.

My two Lincolns worth.

• Like 3

DoctorHfuhruhurr

I've gotten my material at Mcmaster.com in the past.  It's a simple change.    

6175K332
(Same as 6175K813) Metal-Free Brake and Clutch Lining 3/16" Thick, 1-1/2" Width, 1' Length In stock at $4.70 Each

Fun Engineer

PM Bob Maynard.

Sent from my tractor seat.