j main

Raider 10 brake question

j main

Hello Guys

Dnt know if im in the right place.But here gos I have a Raider 10 and my question is can someone

plz tell me or diagram on how to adjust the brakes? I can push the pedal really all the way to the front

Before it will stop.Even when you go to shift gears .You have to push that pedal really far.Or does

The pedal need adjustment?

Thank you for the help

Jeff

stevasaurus

Do you know what year your Raider 10 is??  It could make a difference.  Did you look at how thick the banding material is under the brake band??  If that is kind of gone, replacing that could just solve your problem.  We have a few places to acquire the material if you think that is what is going on...new material is about 3/16" to 1/4"...probably 3/16".  Check and see what you have there.  :)

j main

Hi Steve

I really dnt know what im looking at.Do you happen to have a pic to look at?

as far as year goes I think it is a 72-75 model .is it an easy fix?And where can I get the parts from

Thank you for all your help

Jeff

chazm

Here pic of brake band & adj on a314 ,but basically the same set up , hope this helps  :handgestures-thumbupright:

aa0e4176-20ed-4dae-b471-2d3de2980831_zps

Zeek

I have a Raider 12.  Mine is adjusted by tightening the nut in the picture at the end of the rod where it meets the band like Chazm said.

DSC08184_zpsdf0ea54a.jpg

Edited by Zeek
  • Like 1

j main

Hi Guys

I want to thank you.Zeek and Chazam I now know what to look at lol.Im dumb when it comes to these Tractors

my only other question is do you have to take off the wheel to get to it?

Thanks Guys and Steve

Jeff

stevasaurus

It is one heck of a lot easier if you pull the wheel...your work is in front of you then.  Check the thickness of the material inside the brake band...3/16" is what new is.  I think "Dave's tractor world" is selling the material if you think you need it.  :)  The band pulls off by removing the 2 7/16" bolts on the top left.

Zeek

My wheels are spaced a little wide so I can get a wrench on mine with the wheel on.

j main

Thank you guys for your help

Jeff