Sign in to follow this  
bubbacola

F.E.L not sure it working right

bubbacola

I put a workhorse loader on my c175 and have been using it a lot around the new house but I dont understand why the motor works harder to lower bucket even with a load of dirt then picking it up. guy I got it from said he replumbed. Could he have plumbed wrong for it to be doing this or maybe a adjustment on the spool. Help please

Dieselcowboy

Might make sure you have a large enough return oil line . 3/4in id would work. 

bubbacola

yes 3/4 lines... Its almost makes the belt slip when lowering

SousaKerry

Sounds like you may have internal leakage in your hydraulic valves.  SO that when you are shifting the valve the the contract position some fluid is leaking into the extend end of the cylinders and fighting against you.  A couple of tests to confirm this would be to change the hoses so that they are backwards and see if the problem reverses itself or stays the same.  One could also put a pressure guage on each line and record the differences between the two modes of operation.  They should read nearly the same.   It may also be that there is a restriction in the return line to tank (marked T on the valve)  not letting fluid out fast enough. 

• Like 3

bubbacola

Sounds like you may have internal leakage in your hydraulic valves.  SO that when you are shifting the valve the the contract position some fluid is leaking into the extend end of the cylinders and fighting against you.  A couple of tests to confirm this would be to change the hoses so that they are backwards and see if the problem reverses itself or stays the same.  One could also put a pressure guage on each line and record the differences between the two modes of operation.  They should read nearly the same.   It may also be that there is a restriction in the return line to tank (marked T on the valve)  not letting fluid out fast enough. 

I have been thinking it is the spool because it dose once in a while let loader, when lowering, drop like 6 inch stop then drop 6 stop. if I rise and lower again it dosent do it again. I will check return line and see if I can find some guages. Thank SousaKerry.

bubbacola

Ok been playing around with it. I backed off the pressure at the spool. I still have good lift and now it dosen't put as much of a load on the motor as before.. and playing with it a little more I find if I use both levers at the same time it puts no load on motor.. So I'm thinking and asking maybe the pump is pumping too many G.P.M.   This loader was on a Charger 12 when I bought it and is now on a C 175 auto twin. Checking my Charger 12 I see the PTO pulley is smaller the C 175 pulley witch now mades it one to one at pump. Would putting a bigger pulley on pump fix? or should I get new pump or am I going down the wrong path

wallfish

Can you post some good pictures that show ALL of the loader's hydraulic plumbing?

Is all of the plumbing original? If not, do you know what was changed or what doesn't appear to be original?

The more information you can provide the better.

Did you try what SousaKerry suggested? What were the results?

Is it operating faster or slower than you believe it should?

bubbacola

I have try for a year to post pics and cant. Im 66 years old and no good with P.C. Yes I have done the line switch and no diffence and I can't find gauges.  Yes it was replumped. All new lines and hoses. cyl. are original. pump I'm not sure and spool I think has been changed because it has a new mount welded on.

I think its too fast. works ok when motor idles but you can hear the motor work a little hard when lowering.. give it more RPM lift way faster and motor works harder to lower and is like bouncy because of motor governor i think.. at full RPM I think it lifts 60 inches in about 2 second. still hear gov. kick in lowering and it drops(bouncy) so bad you think it going to break off unless you baby the lever... At first I just got use to useing it that way because i thought it was the way it was suppost to be.. but now I can't understand why motor works going down more then up.. I have back off pressure at spool which helped slowed it down.. Now at full RPM it works like half throttle before. if I use both levers at the same time it puts no load on motor.. I know now it came off a charger 12 which has a 1 inch smaller PTo pulley then mine. I think I'm pumping more gpm then the spool can handle. I hope by putting a bigger pulley on pump it would lower gpm and make it work right.  Your input please

wallfish

Something is not right.

When you switched the hoses to test, it still had the issue only when lowering?

Changing the pulley will lower the gpm since it will slow the rotation of the pump a little.

Seems like the spool valve is the problem.

Can you email pics? If you can email them to me, I'll post'em for you. uremailing@yahoo.com

You could also try switching the hoses on the valve to use the spool for the bucket on the arms and the hoses for the arms on the bucket. This should tell you whether it's the valve or something else. If it still has the same issue then there may be a problem with the way it is plumbed or maybe something mechanical is binding it up.

bubbacola

Ok Think I have it. I should have payed a little more interest in how the loader worked goin up when I change hoses.. I was so into how it went down I missed the fact there is a load on the motor going up as well as down. so changed the other one around and I think its good... Load on motor going up and down.. It travels the same speed going up as down just levers are backwords  .. what you think?  Could still be bad spool?

SousaKerry

I would at least pull the spool out and inspect it.  Any scratches or marks in the outer diameters would let fluid leak past and cause all kinds of weird problems.  If it were me I would replace the entire valve unit although it costs more then rebuilding you still wind up with a worn valve body with new internals. 

BTW how does the fluid look?  Is it clean or dirty in appearance?  Any particulates floating in it?  Is it milky from water?  Is it foamy from sucking air?  Most times the oil will tell the story of how the system is running.  Lots of metal flakes and dirt will kill valves quickly.  Water in the oil will also cause problems and premature wear. 

• Like 1

bubbacola

Sousakerry..  Fluid looks new maybe 5 -6 hours on it since puting in...It seem to work good now but cant get used too the levers backwards so I'm going to replace the valve with the joystick valve... I guess I don't understand why switching lines at the valve makes it work better ( not sure it totaly right yet) Like I said it was replumed. If I was now to change lines at the end of steelline where hoses hook up to cyl. This should made valves work right again but would it also bring back my oringal problem... Do you know a good place to get joystick valve. so far surplus supply is the only one I found.  Thank you

bubbacola

Are valves directional ?