Sign in to follow this  
Nick

Glens Surplus sales in Ohio

Nick

I just noticed that Glens Surplus has there new site online. What is shows online is still much less than what they have in the store so if your ever up around rt 30 take a drive to Shelby Ohio. Or maybe you need to be mad builder to enjoy walking around looking at random pieces and parts. :banghead:Glens Surplus link

Hmmm.. maybe I need to take a near 2 hour drive in a Northern direction this week. :horseplay:

Nick

Made that trip to Glens last week. Im the only person that enjoys looking at pieces and parts but I took a few more pictures while I was there. :USA:

Glens photo album link

Clickable thumbs.

th_glens001-1.jpg th_glens002-1.jpgth_glens011-1.jpg th_glens012-1.jpgth_glens008-1.jpg th_glens012.jpg

Wheel Horse section of the mower blades. :banghead:

glens013-1.jpg

CasualObserver

Man I wish I knew of a place like that around me! Thanks for the pics Nick. Is there a factory somewhere near there? Are those over-runs or factory seconds? :banghead:

Nick

They must have over-runs, factory buyouts, 2nds along with new stock from Stens and other aftermarket companies. There was a lawn tractor factory not far from them that could still be a source for some of the parts. They also must buy at closeout and military surplus auctions.

Not sure if Ive mentioned it before but there was a garden tractor salvage yard just South of Shelby. I heard they were a bit high priced but never tried to buy anything from them myself.

Weaver's Equipment

4809 State Route 61

Shelby, OH 44875

419-342-7033

linen beige

I bought a pair of 26x12x12 turf tread tires from them a couple weeks ago. $81 and change including shipping! 4 day turnaround. When I talked to their guy on the phone he said they have 100,000 sq.ft. of floor space and a constantly changing inventory.

He also said they have a "regular" crowd of shoppers who come in and find parts to build all sorts of things. I couldn't aford for them to be within easy driving distance of me!

pond195520032003

Nick, that is a great place to go! :omg: been there a few times :USA: weavers is high :banghead: and always goes to portland and sets up!

KyBlue

Dang Nick.. teaser photos... Hey Jim...ROAD TRIP!!

Nick

Scott, not sure I would drive 5 or 6 hours to see glens surplus but 2 hours is worth it to me. If your wife would get the idea to visit Ohio Amish country, and Glens just happens to be on the way, then why not stop. :banghead: I also like Lehman's non electric hardware store in Kidron Ohio (Amish country).

Lehmans Hardware link

KyBlue

Nick - no wife - Single guy so I get to spend my $$ on toys and what not.. haha

I dont know about making the drive up just for that either, but never know when I might be up that way. I see some rims and tires Id love to have, as well as need some blades for my 36" RD

BairleaFarm

Thats place looks awsome

COMB2

I could spend all day in there looking and would come home broke.