Sign in to follow this  

Fuel Petcock

Hi All.

This is my first time on RedSquare. I need help with the fuel petcock on my 1056 (it leaks). Can it be repaired or replaced with a good one? Where can I find what I will need?

Thank You.

1056 :banghead:

Duff

Hi, 1056, and :USA: !

I don't have the answer to your question but I'm sure some other folks here will know and will be along shortly. Glad to have you aboard!

Duff :banghead:

Thank You

TT

:banghead:, "1056"

The WH and Kohler shut-offs have been NLA for a while, but if you don't mind another brand of part, a Briggs shut-off will work.

Ask your local Briggs & Stratton dealer to order a P/N 492649 valve for you, or you can actually get one online - or HERE at ebay.

You always have the option of installing an elbow in the tank and using an inline shut off, but then you can't remove the tank without draining it first. B&S also offers a nice inline 1/4 turn valve under P/N 698183 - or Stens P/N 120-212. Here's one on ebay.

Thanks TT

That is very good info. I will let you know how I make out.

TT

No problem!

I was just doing some of my "snooping around" and found some of the OEM Kohler valves hiding HERE, and TEW does have some chaep aftermarket replacement valves listed HERE at their site too. :banghead:

Buzz

Toro still lists them. Valve and filter # 4191 around $12.00. Oh yeah, almost forgot :banghead: Funny, RCPW and Partstree show them still available, better check with your local dealer.

The first one says it is for a K341 (16hp) I have a K241 (10hp). What do you think?

My only worry is the stem size and thread size.

Thanks Buzz

TT

I was thinking that the Toro part was a little different now, Buzz - like the new version of the control knobs for the C series tractors.

WH actually got the valves and gas tanks from Kohler, so I always try to get the pieces I can from the original manufacturer because they're normally cheaper. :USA:

I forgot about the Tecumseh valve too. :banghead:

P/N is 29683 and is around $10.00 at the dealer. It is an identical replacement for the valve with the round straight-knurled knob - not the "T" handle.

2643_1.jpg

I do have a round knob on this petcock. So maybe it was replaced in the past !

A closer look at the photo and I see this is my current petcock . :banana:

Thank You, Thank You, TT.