Sign in to follow this  
whlpny

418-AA

whlpny

Ok lets try this and see what happens- Heres the latest project I've been working on. Just a sneak peak for you guys- if we can get pics up then I can elaborate!

100_0569.jpg

• Like 1

bell

:banghead: That is AWESOME! Lets see some action pics!!!! :USA:

Duff

WOW! MORE pictures, Please!!!!

Duff :banghead:

Brrly1

Bob I don't care what Larry says about you, you really can use that computer!!! Nice Job !!! Nice looking Horse !! Just wondering if we can do this with a GT14! Huh imagine that! Burly :banghead::USA::omg: :banana: :banana:

:horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay: :horseplay:

whlpny

Ok lets try this again-

100_0572.jpg

100_0571.jpg

whlpny

and some more....

100_0574.jpg

100_0576.jpg

Well- sorry- that ones a little on the small side!!

jusjeepn

:banghead: That is totally SSSWWWWEEEETTTTTTT!!!

Nick

Nice looking project Bob. :USA: Now keep the updates coming so we can steal your ideas and build one to. :banghead:

DMESS

When you told me you were doing a maroon stripe I got a little excited. Now that I've seen it, I got a LOT excited and I think I peed a little. :USA:

Bob, I just thought of something........I want to put my front mower on that thing! SWEET!

Can't wait to see the finished project! And, 418-AA sounds like a great name for it. I guess custom maroon stripe decals will be on order. :banghead:

Rideawaysenior

:USA: :banghead: All I can say is WOW

whlpny

Ok heres the story- after having the D-200 for close to 8 yrs, I decided it was time for a change. It was my first project, and it was nice, but could have been better. Most of you know that was sold at the PA show this last summer. When I came home, I had kind of a lost feeling in the barn with it gone, so I figured I better get busy while I had the ambition to build another one. I had wanted to use a Maroon stripe tractor back when I did the first one, but couldn't find an affordable unit so the D was substituted. Since then, I had found this 418-A and it has been my lawnmower and served well here with not a single problem. It kinda hurt to start cutting it up, but I knew what the end result would be so I had at it!

I kept with the same stock rear tire height- as I did with the D- kinda going for a somewhat "factory" look. I used wheels off from 520-h tractors and the rubber is 23x10.50 -12 Duros. I had everything on the shelve here to build the articulating joint so it was a matter of just getting it done. It has about 10 " of rock crawling ability before we get sheet metal damage! I wanted to keep the metal tight at the joint area for a neat appearance. The rear metal is just the old 418 seat pan with a rolled pan around the underside to cover up the framework. The floor boards are off the 418- just hacked up. The front fenders are a set off a vertical rider that I got from Frank in NY at the PA show. Other odd metal was just scrap laying around the shop. The engine is the original Kohler with about 600 hrs on the clock. The pump ,controlvalve, and transaxles are 200 series Case- sorry guys- these lend themsleves to the build just excellent- and plumbing is standard. The d-200 was built identically only with 400 series parts. The control valve is mounted in the center body under hoodstand. The stock motion control is hooked into it and so is the steering wheel with hand built linkeages. The steering cylinder is an 18 in unit from a place that will go unmentioned here- lets just say its custom built to fit! I retained the factory pto as I would like to add a front hyd lift and be able to mount a blower on it or at the least a snowplow- but for now I jsut want to get main tractor done.

So at this point- the tractor has 2 small oil leaks to fix at fittings and will be headed into my paint shop for dissassembly and refinishing. So stay tuned for the final project - not sure when that will be, but definately by JUNE!!!

whlpny

Ye Dustin- I need to get with TD soon and see what he can do on this for me! I thought you might like them maroon stripes!! And that deck should fit right on there!!

Vinylguy

WOW WOW AND WOW!

That is one great tractor.

Gave me an ideaa. hope you dont mind. just playing around.

Glad I walked back to the shop to check email.

whlpny

Terry- i figured I'd let you get going on your new site before I hit you to see if you could add an A to the -418-A! or maybe even the word "articulated" under it. Was very happy with the decals for the crawelr you made some time back so we need to do something!- is that a link you put up- I can't do anything with it??

Vinylguy

Bob I am trying to figure out how to post you picture of just that. but I do not seem to be able to get it posted correctly I will email the image to you nowarticulated 4x4-418-A

whlpny

Cool- I'm a settin here and waiting!

Vinylguy

Bob

Looks like a 4x4 also. Could this be?

Is it a 4x4 also?

easy to change the 418-A to A-418-A

and make a white decal for the side cover like depicted.

Really fun tractor.

wh500special

Holy smoke, Bob! What a machine!

When you told me you were doing a 418 I was thinking that the chunky, bricklike appearance of the D might be a better fit...

But this one looks great too!

Nice job as always. Hope you get a lot of snow this winter!

Steve

whlpny

Thanks Steve- I know its hard to envision until you see it. Hmm- envision a C-195 A-4x4- how long is that stayin here anyways???LOL!

Stigian

:thumbs: :lol: Some outstanding work there Bob :banghead::USA:

You certainly have first class engineering and fabrication skills :omg:

I have been thinking of building front fenders for my 6x6x6 project in the same way you have, so its good to see how they look.. Just right id say :lol:

refracman

:banghead: Gotta agree with the rest looks sharp, and I like the stace too.

I think I can see the pump behind the tire, so did you use the case pump with a wheel horse rearends or case rearends?

I wonder how I would preform with a loader hmmmm

kpinnc

Very nice work! What a machine! :banghead:

Kevin

saguaro

That is too Cool. :banghead:

Always liked articulated tractors. Dont see em much any more.

CHARGER9AUTO

It's another ARCULATED 418-A project like your D-200 you sold at the show Ben :horseplay:

whlpny

Thanks for all the compliments guys!!!!

Steve- yes complete Case transaxles.

I want to let you fellas know that Terry Dennis has gone out of his way to design an awesome looking decal for the tractor. I really appreciate what he has done and the time he took to do this. I think I will keep the final design to myself until its complete and finished as long as Terry doesn't mind. Then I'll post pics of the finished tractor. This has been a fun project!