Crabtreeb

K181s coil

Crabtreeb

My B80 won't start I replaced the the condenser the points the coil and the plug there is a good arc on the plug and I smell gas. If you turn the engine over it try's to crank but never catches up. Before it quit working it would fire up on the first turn of the key but after it ran a while it would shut down and the coil would be to hot to touch. That's why I replaced it. Also I would love a cross over number for the coil the guy at napa just gave me a 12volt and said it should work. A wiring diagrahm would be great if any one has one. Thanks in advance.

rmaynard

You should be able to find any wiring diagram that you need in the manuals section of this forum. The B-80 wiring should be included with other models of the same year. Be sure that the coil you get has an internal resistor. Make sure that the points are set to .020 as a staring point.

Crabtreeb

Thanks I found the Manuel. The coil say it needs an external resistor will it damage something if I use it.

rmaynard

Yes, unless you have an external resistor, you will burn up the coil. Kohler coils have the resistor built it. Part number for reference is 41 519 21-S.

I believe the correct NAPA coil is IC64SB.

• Like 1