MalMac

Dead Horse

MalMac

My C141 is down and it has a loader on it. It was running great the last time I used it. Went out to fire it up and found it had no spark. Now I am a shade tree (with some leaves and limbs missing) at a best. Here is what I have done--

1. changed the spark plug with working plug from another K321

2. changed the points and condenser with a set I know is good.

3. changed the coil with one I know is good.

Nothing has changed at all, still no spark, I do get a spark when I turn the ignition off. The last time I had that happen to me was I had the condeser on the wrong pole. I double checked to make sure it was on the right pole. When I turn on the ignition and use a test light the coil is showing hot on the ignition wire to key other side is cold. Seems like I have no juice going to the points. The coil I put on it came from a tractor that was running. I am at a loss here. Like said I am shade tree at best but loosing some shade. This would not be so bad but it's got a loader on it, Not the easiest thing to move not running. I was just thinking that maybe the wire to the points is bad, maybe has internal break in it.

oldredrider

Check the ammeter wires. If one is loose or off, that's the problem.

MalMac

You might have something there. I had trouble with those years ago. I just plain forgot about checking them. If that's it I am going to have to go bang my head against the wall. I hope your right but at the same time I can't afford to loose anymore brain cells.

pacer

Also ck any safety switches ----

MalMac

oldredrider, many times thank you. That was it. It happen several years ago. I should have remembered. It's hell getting older. Now you'll have to excuse me while I go bang my head against the wall.

• Like 2

AMC RULES

Good to know it was an easy fix for you.    :greetings-clappingyellow: