j main

Help Needed Kohler 10hp k241

j main

Hi Guys

My question is I have rebuilt the carb all new.and it just got new valves put in it.

It runs well but im haveing a poping noise its not loud or back fireing. could this be the points?

Causeing the problem . It runs really good but it has a slight poping to it.The more you give it gas the more]

It pops what is makeing the motor do this? im at a stand still with it

Thank you guys for your help

Jeff main

WH nut

Did it pop before, sound like a valve adjustment to me. You can reset your points to make sure.

j main

Hi WH nut

Know it did not pop before my friend who did the work for me.said he needs to adjust the points

I see that your from Michigon? I grew up in Muskegon  I now live 70 miles east of St LOUIS

Take Care

Jeff Main  US ARMY VET

WH nut

Id double check the valve adjustment sounds like one is too tight

j main

Hi Guys

Finally got the old girl running good. The points were a little off and the carb needed a little adjustment

Found out why it was popping a little the condenser was getting bad if you moved it around .The motor would

start popping I bought a new one.Now you can go up to it with out chokeing it turn the key and it starts right up.

No popping runs really strong

Take care

Jeff

oneroadkingman

Hello j main

I have a 10 horse kohler that has been sittin for 10 years just fired it up sounds good but when its running on high speed and you full throttle back she starts popping not sure what that is I'm going to rebuild a carburetor this weekend and see where it goes from there.I also see you're from Vandalia Illinois yeah I just live about 10 miles across the river in Missouri

j main

Hey Rick

Nice talking to you.You might want to check your points and condensor first.Thats what may problem was

I also put new vavles in mine they didnt need them but as long as it was tore down I replaced them

Take Care

Jeff

oneroadkingman

Hi jeff,The pleasure was all mine..I will take a look at it this weekend. thanks for the guidance.

Rick

Edited by oneroadkingman