j main

Raider 10 identification tag I cant find it

j main

Hi Guys

Im ineed of a little help. I can not fined the indentification tag.Im thinking my mower has been repainted

At some time but not sure.I would like to find out what year it was made

Thank you everyone for the help

Jeff

gwest_ca

Any numbers on the engine tag? Post what you have.

The ID plate may have been up tight to the bottom of the dash housing at the top of the flat panel of the hoodstand. If it is not there there should be a pair of rivet holes.

Garry

j main

Hi Gary

Yes there is number on the motor will this be the same? as long as the motor is org?

Iam new to Wheel horse I dnt understand some of the things you said sorry. For being dumb lol

Thanks Gary

Jeff

j main

Hi Guys

Thanks for all the help. I guess I need to open my eyes lol I found it.

Thank you again

Jeff Main

• Like 1

gwest_ca

What did you find?

Garry

j main

Gary

I found the ident tag it was under the steering wheel. boy do I feel dumb lol

gwest_ca

I was hoping you would post the model number and serial number you found. It is a good location for the tag because they don't get destroyed there.

Garry

AMC RULES

Post up your ID info here Jeff...

serves to help us help you.  :handgestures-thumbsup:

j main

Hi Guys

Here you go Craig and Garry   The tractor is a Raider 10  6 speed  . The motor is a 10hp Kohler

The serial number on the motor is.7236140  .The tractor id tag says 740861   its starts with either a 1 or a 7

I about had to stand on my head to read the tag LOL  plz help me figure out the year ect

Thanks Guys for all your help

Jeff Main     US   ARMY VET

CasualObserver

There should be two numbers on the tag, a model and a serial.

In the model # box, Its a tractor, so the first digit is a 1.  What are the rest?  1-6931 = 1968  1-6041 = 1969  1-6051 = 1970.

The 740861 will be your serial number... which Garry can probably catalog and extrapolate backward to your year. 

gwest_ca

With a tractor serial 740861 it may be a 1971 model 1-0300.

Kohler made serial 7236140 in 1975 so likely a replacement engine or the tins got swapped.

Garry