chipwitch

What modifications (if any) are you using to quick connect implements?

chipwitch

At the risk of showing my inexperience, I received my belt for the tiller attachment today.  I pulled the C-125 out of the shed and proceeded to attach the 36" tiller.  Boy, not easy to do single handed.  Right away I began thinking about modding the attachment.  Belt connection I can deal with, but trying to get everything aligned and adjusted just seems absurdly hard.  Am I wrong to think there has to be an easier way?  The pin/cotter arrangement just seems way more cumbersome than it needs to be.  So, I got to thinking somebody on here has probably already devised an ingenious solution.  How 'bout it? 

BTW... tiller worked great.  Had to look close to see if it was even turning.  Smooooth!  Way better than the old Troy-bilt walk-behind tiller I sold.

doc724

The first time I put my tiller on, it took 1 1/2 hours.  I put it on this spring again in 30 minutes.  I keep mine on a furniture dolly when not in use.  I have a 2x4 under the gear box to keep it at the right height and then I just roll it into place.  Most of the time is needed to unhitch the PTO yoke so I can get the belt on.

chipwitch

PTO yoke?  If I understand what you're talking about, mine has a hairpin cotter pin in the bottom end.  Pull that out and if you turn the yoke so it points toward the front of the tractor, you can then push it downward enough to get the belt in.  That only took 30 seconds.  By turning the yoke, the upper "dog leg" is now parallel to the pulley radially.  When you slide the yoke downward, the dogleg will simply slip in between the pulley and the engine. (Maybe not pulley and engine... clutch plate and gear box?)  That gives you the room to drop it downward, in any case.

slammer302

The more you do it the faster you get at it I can hook my snow plow up in 10 min now the first time took a little while same with the tiller

KC9KAS

That is why we have more than 1 Wheel Horse....1 for each attachment!

• Like 3