Eric857

Any guitar players out there

Eric857

Hello, Since we all have we all love wheel horses, dead or alive, because we're lawn boys, on a wheel horse we ride, and we want 'em, dead or alive. I figured i would start this topic to see if there are any other guitar players out there, or drummers, or bassists. What instrument do you play, what make, model? Pictures? favorite artist? favorite genre to play? lets all chat I'll start, I am Eric. I am a guitar player, thought I can also play the bass if i had to. Right now I have 5 guitars: A fender acoustic i have strung with electric strings for more bendy type acoustic playing, An older terada acoustic guitar, I have my first electric guitar which is a fender starcaster (currently for sale), I have an epiphone sg, and a mid 70s Memphis les Paul knock off i got for free. For amps I have a mid 70s fender bass man, and a 15 watt fender guitar amp. I love the blues and rock and roll, I am also a fan of country. I like to jam to all of those kinds of music. My favorite guitar I have right now is not one buy two! I love my Fender acoustic and I LOVE my Memphis les paul they both sound great and are fun to play. The Artist I look up to most is SLASH because of his blues and rock back ground. Hearing him play changed the way I play because it moved me that much. I dont have any pictures of my gear right now so I will up load them asap....

Flatheadpete

Right now I'm down to 3.  335 P90 semi-hollow, an Agile goldtop Les Paul and my first (bought new by my dad) 1965 Tesco Del Rey.  Play through a Fender Excelsior tube amp.  I've had quite a few but trimmed down since I'm just a at home player.  I dig anything but pop country and rap.  Jack White, Ted Nugent, Brian Setzer, Jim Heath, SRV.....I'm a guitar player snob!

rmaynard

Many years ago when I was in the Coast Guard (late 1960's), four of us on board our ship formed a band. I played bass guitar. The genre was mostly Blues, with a little Credence Clearwater, and Beatles thrown in. After I got out, I was married and working full time, so there wasn't much time for music. I lent my guitar and amp to a friend and never saw either again until he died in 1990. His young son had the equipment, and I didn't have the heart to ask for it back. Later on in 1997, I traded a guy office equipment for some Fender equipment, but found that arthritis in my hands prevented me from playing, so I sold all of it. Now I just play keyboards, computer keyboards that is.  

VinsRJ

I have four as of now: 80's Pink Paisley Strat, early 90's Gold Top Les Paul, 1982 Kramer, 1978 Charvel... played through a 1987 Silver Jubilee Marshall Mini Stack and vintage Boss effects

JUSS10

I have a little bit of everything. I guess I'm mainly a bass player so that I have a Lakland DJ 4 string bass (62 jazz bass reissue) Also have a fender Jaguar bass which is pretty cool. PLay those through a markbass 210 combo amp. As for guitars... Fender american tele with a bigsby, fender deluxe players strat, Epiphone les paul (my first electric) In the process of build a fender esquire out of old barn wood... someday I'll get to that. Currently run all stomp boxes and go in to a vox ac4. I have all the parts to build an amp (yet another project for some day) Also have a hammond M3 that I fixed up. Thats fun to play with. I do a lot of recording to and run Logic on a Power Mac with a focusrite interface. I love music, but I recently got married and bought a home so I haven't had much time to play or record outside of church. Hopefully once we get moved in I can spend a bit more time with the music gear.

Justin

stevasaurus

This does not really fit what you are talking about, but I mess around with a baritone ukelele.  Know some Bob Dylan... Peter, Paul and Mary...a few Beatles songs.  I really suck at this, but I enjoy doing a little Traverse pick.  I also am finding it hard to hold a tune at this point, but every once in a while I do not sound that bad.

The answer my friend...is blowing in the wind.      I know...not what you were looking for..  :)  but I used to be able to pick up chicks with this art back in the 60's and 70's.  :orcs-cheers:   

• Like 1

truckin88

I am mainly a bass player:

I just sold three of my favorites a 2003 musicman stingray, Peavey T-40, and a 2012 MIA Fender Jazz...to make some cash for a new zero turn

Current line up is Ibanez ATK (wife bought me can't sell), Fender Hoppus P Bass (dad bought me can't sell), Schecter Diamond PJ, Epiphone Pelham blue thunderbird, Epiphone Dot Royale, Fender Acoustic(wife bought me can't sell).

I sold all my huge stacks and I only fart around at home. I use to buy, sell and trade equipment I have had over 50 basses 15 guitars and 25 amps since my early teens (now 30). Now I just have a sweet ampeg combo that sounds great, looks cool, and is a space saver making wife happy. Only effects I have is a Boss DS-1, next winter I will buy a big muff. I really only play in winter anymore, right now weather is to nice to stay indoors.

Fender Hoppus:

DSC01793.jpg

Peavey T-40

20140127_102902_zps884607a9.jpg

Fender Jazz Sold:

20140415_163417_zps4b1awogr.jpg

Current Ampeg combo

DSCN1521_zps79715d1a.jpg

Edited by truckin88

stratostar250

I've played guitar for about 10 (edited; I guess 12 after recounting in my head :laughing-rofl: ) years now.  Love it! I took it really serious in high school and thru part of college, but now it has become more of a hobby for me, I pick it up a couple times a week no matter what.  Still love playing, That'll never change. I have a couple videos on youtube if you search my username, it's the same as this one(you'll also find some  :wh:  vids  :grin: ) Next guitar on the list to get is a nice acoustic.  I had a decent Ovation that a friend essentially pawned me for two years, hahaha, but since then, I am lacking one.  I got a couple of electrics though, a strat, LP double cut, and a couple others. My main amp situation is a Fender Twin amp "red knob" with some effect pedals.  It's cool to see so many other guitar players on this site too, I was thinking about making a thread like this myself, but you beat me to it!  :teasing-neener:

Edited by stratostar250

neil

I have been learning guitar for around 10 years now since I bought an acoustic guitar with some money that my ma & pay gave me for my 40th birthday. After the first two years of learning I upgraded to better guitar with electric amp. I started by playing traditional Irish music & general folk music & then moved on to American bluegrass & old timey music ,which I really love .

I also managed to learn some 5 string claw hammer banjo & harmonica but lost interest with the harmonica for a while until recently I started to play it again while sitting in my truck during my lunch break.

My favourite artists are

The dubliners,

Jeff beck

Eric Clapton

The lonesome river band

• Like 1