Welsh Wheelhorses

Kohler Magnum 18

Welsh Wheelhorses

I'm looking at buying a Kohler magnum 18, removed from a toro mower which was showing 2429 hours. The seller says it doesn't use oil and starts straight away. Is it likly to have been rebuilt ? Is £250 a good price ? I haven't seen many in Britain.

Thanks for your help.

Thomas

Wheel-N-It

I think most people here would agree that 2429 hours on a Kohler Magnum is alot, rebuilt or not. You will have to check it out very carrefully. Don't be afraid to ask questions. Do start the engine and hear it run. You can look at it this way; That many hours on a tractor powering a mower at an average speed of 5 miles per hour is equilivent to 485.8 miles of mowing. Depending on how you look at it, that many miles of mowing is alot, or maybe its not. Ninety nine percent of it all is the maintenance that engine has recieved during its life.

What I'm hearing you say is there are not alot of those engines available for sale in the UK. I think if a Magnum 18 is what you want, then you should give this particular engine some serious consideration. Best of success to you should you decide to purchase it.

can whlvr

it is a lot of hours,but if it had good maintance you could get lucky,i know of guys getting 3000-4000 hours on zero turns,but that's running synthethic and they are water cooled