Mr. 856

Why cant i figure out the throttle hookup on my 856?

Mr. 856

There are some things that should be rather simple to figure out but I am stumped on the hookup of the throttle cable to the governor on my 856. This is the one item stopping me from a test ride. I will admit between work and the family I haven't even looked at the tractor in two months......I got hot and heavy to get her together for the spring and got real close before life got hectic. Anyway im stumped. One I cant seem to figure out what the best cable routing is and two I cant figure out where on the circle the cable hooks to. I have this arm that come off the governor circle piece that has a hole in the end where a cable could go and appears to be worn showing signs of one there.. problem is that piece is facing the fuel pump and below and I don't see a good route for the cable to get there. Someone has to have an 856 that they can send me pictures of from say the exhaust area and where/how it hooks up to the governor. I need to get her done while I have the free time. Ive given up on Photobucket and trying to post pictures. I don't know why I cant figure this out.

slammer302

Here's a pick I have I know it isn't the best qualitypost-6211-140080256829_thumb.jpg

rmaynard

This is a thread with pictures of the cable routing of an 856. It is dirty and oily, but it shows how the cable goes from the dash tower, over the muffler, clamps to the bracket held by the governor nut, and attaches to the arm of the round governor wheel.

Edited by rmaynard