DAVE L

Fluid for tires

DAVE L

Hi all,

I live in NW Minnesota, and am planning on putting fluid in my tires. It will sometimes reach -45, and washer fluid in only good to -25. Will antifreeze work, or is there something else that will work to -45. Tires are 23 inch bar lug, 12 inch rim. Will not be used during winter months as of now.

Thanks in advance! 

GlenPettit

The very best product to use is "Rim Guard" (google it).

It's 'Sugar Beet Juice'; organic, very safe for humans & nature, local. can take the cold,

very heavy.  At 80% fill; rear 23" tire takes 5.5 gal (60#) @, front 16" takes 2+ (24#) @.

Actual cost is about $3/gal plus the filling cost (can vary a lot, compare carefully, shop around).

Smart to use tubes, but not required, only use the better quality & thicker USA-made tubes,

because the 'metal valve-to-rubber adhesive' is much better (has been problem with Rim-Guard).

Fluid in tires is very smart, you can always add more weight (I have added nearly 500# to my Tiller

C-416 with Ag's, on both front & rear).  Be sure to add weight/fluid to the front tires, really greatly

improves your steering control, you'll need it (Ribs are best, Ag's second best on front).

Glen

• Like 1

Jim_M

I had tires filled with used anti freeze that the local garage gave me for years. It worked great.

• Like 1

DAVE L

The very best product to use is "Rim Guard" (google it).

It's 'Sugar Beet Juice'; organic, very safe for humans & nature, local. can take the cold,

very heavy.  At 80% fill; rear 23" tire takes 5.5 gal (60#) @, front 16" takes 2+ (24#) @.

Actual cost is about $3/gal plus the filling cost (can vary a lot, compare carefully, shop around).

Smart to use tubes, but not required, only use the better quality & thicker USA-made tubes,

because the 'metal valve-to-rubber adhesive' is much better (has been problem with Rim-Guard).

Fluid in tires is very smart, you can always add more weight (I have added nearly 500# to my Tiller

C-416 with Ag's, on both front & rear).  Be sure to add weight/fluid to the front tires, really greatly

improves your steering control, you'll need it (Ribs are best, Ag's second best on front).

Glen

I live near Sugar Beat country. Sounds like the ideal fluid to use. I have tri-ribs on the front

and going to fill them too. I may also add wheel weights, and weights to the front.

Thanks for the reply!

DAVE L

I had tires filled with used anti freeze that the local garage gave me for years. It worked great.

This is another good option! I never thought of used!