Cougarstang

Hello From Eastern PA. R-26 Question

Cougarstang

Hi all. 

I just wanted to say hi as this is my first post.  

Back in the late 80's, my grandfather bought me an R-26 because I wanted a "go kart."  I was instantly hooked on my 'new' WH.  We kept it in good condition over the years and used it as a second mower until we rented our place and the tenants took out the deck and engine.  Flash forward to 2014 and we are going through grandpa's garage (may he rest in peace).  Fortunately, he had another engine for the ol' R-26 lying around.  I'm interested in bringing it back to working order, but we are still missing mowing pieces. 

Since I am entirely new to the wheel horse community, can someone point me in the right direction?  I understand that R-26 parts aren't easy to come by.  Is there another deck from another model that we could adapt?  

Thank you in advance.  I've been lurking on this forum for a few days and am blown away by the quality of information floating around!

Sparky

:WRS:

Unfortunately I know very little about the Wheel Horse rear engine rider stuff, weren't they produced for WH by REO? I did always think they were a cool "go-cart" looking machine like you did! I started my son out with a rear engine MTD rider to learn the basics of steering and stopping.

Mike..........

Cougarstang

Unfortunately I know very little about the Wheel Horse rear engine rider stuff, weren't they produced for WH by REO? I did always think they were a cool "go-cart" looking machine like you did! I started my son out with a rear engine MTD rider to learn the basics of steering and stopping.

Mike..........

Beats me, regarding REO.  I know it's not a common model, even though it's a neat little machine. 

I would love to get this back in action.  I'm irked that the renters stole the deck (what a random thing to do).  Anything advice that will help me get this mowing again would be appreciated.  

AMC RULES

PM Kelly, he's one of our forum parts vendors...

might be able to help you out.   :handgestures-thumbsup: 

http://www.wheelhorseforum.com/user/85-kelly/

Edited by AMC RULES

Jake Kuhn

PGRNPA

Hi Cougarstang, you're a local.....I'm just north of Harrisburg.  Welcome.

rexman72

welcome to the group

Cougarstang

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I will check out our parts vendor, as well.  

In the meantime, is there a particular forum where I should pose my question?  Something tells me that getting a deck for this thing won't be easy. 

Sparky

Thanks for the warm welcome.  I will check out our parts vendor, as well.  

In the meantime, is there a particular forum where I should pose my question?  Something tells me that getting a deck for this thing won't be easy. 

Post up what you want in the classifieds here, there is a section for "wanted". Try to post a picture of the tractor in your wanted post.

Mike..........

Sparky

Does yours look like the one in this thread?

Mike..........

Cougarstang

Does yours look like the one in this thread?

Mike..........

Almost, but a little different.  It looks more like the one in this thread:

chazm

WELCOME TO     :rs:

can whlvr

Amanda

Welcome to Red Square!!