tommyg

mower deck for a 500 H to a D

tommyg

I'm looking at bidding on a 48" mower deck that came off a 500H. Looks to be in great shape. Looks like there is still original paint on the bottom of the deck. Anyone know if it can be adapted to a D with the proper hanger? How about with the existing hanger? Seller posted a model number of  78355-5900001 & up. Not sure how to interpret that.

nylyon

That model number seems to be for a 42" Recycler deck, not 48", may want to double check.

tommyg

The accompanying photo says otherwise.

tommyg

Here's a picture of it. And yes, you are right about the recycler part. But this is not recycler.

post-5507-0-54770400-1400410365_thumb.jp

nylyon

You're right, that is certainly not a recycler.

boovuc

Tommy, That deck was also fitted for a grass catcher. Notice the top pulley on the right side spindle and the accompanying bracket.

tommyg

Yeah, I see that. Didn't notice before. Still not sure if it could be adapted to the D series. Sure looks like it could.

gwest_ca

Might not be what you are trying to use but may help.

Garry

tbarnhart

The deck that I originally had for my c-160 was a 5-1220 which shows to be a deck for a D-series. I assume the lift/attachment brackets were changed out for the c-series, but I think the basic deck shell is the same. My current deck is a 5-1210. It appears to be the same. I don't know what all the differences would be for the D-series because I've never seen one, but I think that deck would work with the proper brackets.

bmsgaffer

From what I understand from other posts in the past, it will bolt right up but you will need the correct hanger brackets from a D series deck..