the_nite_owl

Help with Johnson Workhorse Model 10 Loader

the_nite_owl

I have a Johnson Workhorse Model 10 loader on my D-160.

I just finished stripping and refinishing the paint on both tractor and loader and have it all put back together. 

I need to change the fluid in the loader but I am not certain what type of fluid, where to fill it and how much to put in.

I assume that I would remove the breather on the top of the tank to pour fluid into it but how do I know when it has reached full?  How much do these things take?

The fluid is very low right now so I cannot rely on that to know how much to put back in once I drain it.

I found an installation manual for this loader for a Cub Cadet tractor but it gives very little information.  It says to check the level on the hydraulic oil but it does not say how to do this.

Anyone have suggestions on the best type of oil to use?

I am anxiously waiting to try out using the tractor.  When I first got it I took it into the back yard to try it out and it instantly sunk into the mud.  When I tried to rock the front tires out of the mud the engine blew.  I had to replace the engine with the spare and a lot of parts swapping and tore down the tractor in the meantime so I have never had a chance to try out the loader and have only taken the tractor for a quick spin around the yard.  :)

over60pirate

I use ATF in my Ark loader. I think you could use most any oil.