Influencer88

42" SD Leveling rod

Influencer88

I need measurements for the deck leveling rod. Its for model # 78345 if it matters.

Went to level the deck out as it was an insanely low cut the first time I cut with it after buying it and....No leveling rod so the front end just sits on the ground. Don't want to wait for shipping so I'm going to make one, looks easy enough, just gotta know the proper lengths.

Thanks in advance!

EDIT: Also, if you can measure the tension adjustment rod for the front attach-o-matic. just the rod from end to end.

The more I dig the more little quirks over the years I find. Looks like someone broke the rode and welded it back together, possibly adding to the length in the process. A 103" belt would NOT fit at all.

Edited by Influencer88

Influencer88

Pretty Pretty Please? :text-bump:

groundhog47

Tension adjust rod (mule idler assy), mine is 4.750",  1/2"-13 thread. The deck level rods I have are a different number, from backside of bend (L) is 1 1/8" with fasten hole 3/16 back, length is 8 5/8  (pn 102385 also implement lift rod on mine, 76). Yours lists as 92-9841 for level rod and 101842 for idler adjust rod. Maybe this will get you in the "ball park" :handgestures-thumbup:

Edited by groundhog47

Influencer88

Wow! That would account for the belt seeming 2" short!!! Measured my adjustment rod and it measures almost 7 inches! I wonder if I bent a piece of threaded rod at the end and cut it at around a foot or foot and a half in length, leveled the deck and then cut the rod off at a reasonable length...

I could grind the threads off at the bend so there would be no unusual wear around it. Only concern would be rust.

groundhog47

Wow! That would account for the belt seeming 2" short!!! Measured my adjustment rod and it measures almost 7 inches! I wonder if I bent a piece of threaded rod at the end and cut it at around a foot or foot and a half in length, leveled the deck and then cut the rod off at a reasonable length...

I could grind the threads off at the bend so there would be no unusual wear around it. Only concern would be rust.

Is belt in PTO sheave nearest clutch disc? May be wrong belt. Basically leveling rod just pulls deck up or down; only mule idler adjusts tension. Maybe you have a different idler adjust rod than one I measured.  The idler assy for that deck shows same rod as on mine. Does it still have the fluted knob on end?    

Edited by groundhog47

Influencer88

Yeah, the rod is the same. Mine has been broken and welded back together at some point, looks like length was added. If it was the same length as yours the belt would fit perfect.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk