Eric857

Brand new to Gardening HELP ME PLEASE!

Eric857

Hello all, I am picking up a cultivator and an earth plow this weekend and I am thinking of making a vegetable garden at my house. And i am all new at this stuff. I see you guys use tillers a lot, unfortunately I do not have a tiller nor have I seen one to go with my 857 so I would like to know how I would go about making said garden without a tiller and with just a plow and a cultivator... Some other basic information about how to use a plow and the purpose it serves and the same for the cultivator that would be great. Unfortunately the younger generation like myself knows nothing so I figure I can ask some of you guys who have done this before or who have family members that have done this before.. Thanks a lot

AMC RULES

"How to" Youtube them Eric...  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

lot's of video on both of them there. 

Edited by AMC RULES
  • Like 1

Eric857

IM really finding anything thats giving me really good information off of you tube, or anything I can understand that is. Its all about larger farm tractors

farmer

Hi Eric, I'm no expert....but I'll give it a go, first though we need to know a few things.

How big is your plot.

What soil type do you have, light sandy brash or loam over clay or clay. ( what about stones / rocks ).

Is your plot grass, rough vegetation or bare soil at the moment.

What vegetables do you like to eat? therefore want to grow.

How fast do you want to make this all happen ?

Do you want to garden organically or don't you mind using fertilizer's/ spray's.

I don't know what sort of weather you get, but that will be a big factor as well.

All things are possible, with patience. :confusion-waiting:  :handgestures-thumbup:

• Like 1

AMC RULES

Here's a couple I thought were helpful...

AMC RULES

Some good cultivator info here too.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

squonk

Hope the guys in the first vid have a disc!  :) Dude with the cubbie needs some laundry soap and a Mantis tiller!  :)

Edited by squonk