posifour11

splined shaft?

posifour11

I found a Kohler command 27 HP I'm interested in, but it has a splined crank. Should I even bother calling on it? Is there a pulley that would fit. I wouldn't think there would be.

Thanks

shorts

What do you want to use the engine for/on?  The spline size, count, pitch and diameter is probably to some industry standard size, look for 2 piece pulleys with a changeable inner drive hub and a separate outer belt sheave, Boston gear and martin gear come to mind, but any industrial machine supplier should be able to help try Motion Industries, MSC, Graingers etc.

posifour11

Don't know what I'd use it for. But, for the price I'm willing to come up with something. It was used for a hydro pump, so I can see it being an industry standard type thing. Thanks

SousaKerry

For a hydro pump there would have been a coupling between the pump and the engine so more then likely it is a standard spline size.  Of coarse you could put a pulley directly over the spline and the set screws would bite into the splines however I don't think it would last long. 

Like was said above take measurements into a industrial supply/bearing store and they should be able to figure out what it is and come up with a coupling that will fit.  Then it is a matter of hooking the coupling to whatever you are driving.