Sign in to follow this  
catman81056

Got a snowblower

catman81056

Well, I've been looking for a snowblower to put on my D-160 and I really didn't care what brand. This is something I'm sure I can make work. I've been watching eBay religiously and it seems that everyone that was in the right $$$$ range was either located in PA, VA, or some other place that called for a major road trip. I found one just west of Springfield in a small town called Loami, Il.

It's start price was $24.99 so I started watching it. I just happened to be helping a friend work on his car when the auction ended. No bids!!! I promptly emailed the guy and asked if he was going to relist it, he responded with his ph# and said to give him a call. To make a long story short, he had a WH dealership in the 60's-70's and is retired now. He's been buying and selling for quite awhile and he says he's ready to get out of the game. He has around 14 machines at this time and alot of parts, (new and used) he sells on eBay but not alot. He said he mostly delt in the bigger machines.

I got the snowblower for $25.00 and am going back for a mold board plow and disc. The snowblower (one of 3 that I got to choose from) is for a smaller tractor, but hey, I got a welder, torch, mill, lathe, you get the picture.

I asked him if I could post his name and ph# , he said yes. So if it's alright I'll edit this post and put it in.

I gotta go to the garage now, I'll check back in a few.

Kent Meyer

217-624-4291

T-Mo

Yes please post his number or email address. I'm within 3 hours one way from Springfield and I'm still looking for a snow plow.

BTW, just to keep this on your topic, congratulations. That's sounds like your patience has paid off. That is a great price.

catman81056

Are you in luck, he's gotta have at least 5 sitting around.

His name is Kent Meyer, ph# 217-624-4291

nylyon

That sounds like a great deal, and like it was close to home and who knows maybe he has more parts available? In any event congratulations on the new snow blower and hopefully Terry JD will be able to pick up someting as well!

glenn27

Thank you _Catman, also. I'm looking for GT-14 stuff--I'll give him a call.

glenn

Curmudgeon

Well, I've been looking for a snowblower to put on my D-160 and I really didn't care what brand. This is something I'm sure I can make work. I've been watching eBay religiously and it seems that everyone that was in the right $$$$ range was either located in PA, VA, or some other place that called for a major road trip. I found one just west of Springfield in a small town called Loami, Il.

It's start price was $24.99 so I started watching it. I just happened to be helping a friend work on his car when the auction ended. No bids!!! I promptly emailed the guy and asked if he was going to relist it, he responded with his ph# and said to give him a call. To make a long story short, he had a WH dealership in the 60's-70's and is retired now. He's been buying and selling for quite awhile and he says he's ready to get out of the game. He has around 14 machines at this time and alot of parts, (new and used) he sells on eBay but not alot. He said he mostly delt in the bigger machines.

I got the snowblower for $25.00 and am going back for a mold board plow and disc. The snowblower (one of 3 that I got to choose from) is for a smaller tractor, but hey, I got a welder, torch, mill, lathe, you get the picture.

I asked him if I could post his name and ph# , he said yes. So if it's alright I'll edit this post and put it in.

I gotta go to the garage now, I'll check back in a few.

Kent Meyer

217-624-4291

Prime example of why you should decide on your high bid, and place it from the get go. Let proxy bidding take over from there. Then if there are no other bids, you still get the rock bottom price and NEVER miss out because you couldn't be at the computer at that one particular minute.

You got lucky this time! LOL

Dale

T-Mo

I want to give him a call to see if I can get on of those plows. But, first, I want to be sure I can get the time to make the trip. Maybe next weekend! :D

T-Mo

I called Kent today to see if he had a plow and what was his price for one. He quoted me $125 for everything, including the expensive part (his term for the rear axle attachment bracket). It's not bad, but it will take some major negotiations with the wife as it will cost me a few for gas as it's about a 5 hour round trip there. Hopefully my negotiation skills have improved recently.

nylyon

Not a bad price, but a heck of a commute for it. Was he able to send you a picture of it first?

T-Mo

I called him instead of emailing him (don't have his email address). I forgot to ask for it and forgot to ask for pictures. To be more honest and accurate here, I really didn't think of it. With that price as well as the commute, I don't know if I will get one from him. If I can lasso a rear axle bracket first somewhere, either by hook or crook, then maybe he will lower that price considerably as he calls that the expensive part. :D