ncwh25

K181 c85 wiring question

ncwh25

There are two wires coming from the stator. What should they go to?

rmaynard

They connect to the AC terminals on the regulator/rectifier.

Sent from my Moto G using Tapatalk

ncwh25

Sorry, I forgot to mention that it is an 83 model, so the rectifier/regulator doesn't have connectors on it. It's just a little square piece with one black wire and one small red wire coming from it. Can I just hook the black wire to one of the wires coming from the motor and the small red one to the battery connection on the solenoid?

gwest_ca

I think you are correct but wait for someone else to verify it.

There should be 2 wires comming from the stator behind the flywheel and assume these are the ones you are talking about. There is another wire that feeds the ignition coil and making sure you are not talking about it.

Both stator wires need to be hooked up. One to the black on the regulator and the red lead hooks to the battery power which could be at the solenoid. The red is DC power out.

I'm thinking the second black wire also connects to the red but wait for someone to confirm this. It does not matter which black wire from the stator connects to which location as they both carry AC current.

For the regulator to work the body of it needs to be connected to the chassis ground. That is what the stud on it is for.

The wiring in the operators manual is I believe not correct as it shows the DC+ connected to the pto switch.

Garry