Sign in to follow this  
Docwheelhorse

Keeping a 170,000 Truck Going....

Docwheelhorse

Hello All,

snapped a motor mount in my 1997 Oldsmobile Bravada (S10 Blazer basically), truck is admittedly shot with 170,000 on the odo.... :omg: but it runs so dang good that I can't part with it. :thumbs: It has a bad catalytic converter, brakes that are at 40%, tires that have 40,000 on them and on and on. Truck is registered till December 2009 so............ how do you fix the motor mount without giving the $323 to the mechanic. You crawl under the truck on jack stands and un-screw the lower 3/8" bolt out of the power steering pump where it mounts to the head, get a longer bolt and put it thru a section of 3/8" chain and tighten it back to the head. Then run the chain under the frame rail and put another 3/8" bolt thru it and tighten it down. WALLAH WHO NEEDS A MOTOR MOUNT!!! :USA: Brought back memories of all my old Chevys with the angry small blocks that would constantly break motor mounts until you chained them down.... :horseplay: Maybe I'll start chaining my Kohlers too just to be safe!!! :banghead:

Tony

bustedglass

Your the man Doc :banghead: .