Sign in to follow this  
JimD

k321s carburator

JimD

hi all, my neighbor has a k321s kohler. it's on a :banghead: gravely 1450 super chief. the engine model no. is 2158919, spec no. 6013B. the carb is pretty damaged, in fact it may be fubar. i'm hoping some of you may have some idea where we might find one, or if someone here has one to sell? i'd like to help him out if i can cause he's a nice guy, but a little like that one tack that just keeps fallin off the bulletin board, if you know what i mean. but i have learned one thing from this forum, and that is that you help where you can, thanks in advance for any advice or help, jim.

kpinnc

They show up on Ebay pretty often. I'd cruise any local small engine repair shops too.

Kevin

Electro12WH

What is damaged? The main casting? Most things can be fixed or replaced. Even a worn out throttle shaft hole is repairable.

JimD

the dhoke plate is siezed, the float is crashed, and it looks like it has a little crack in the body above the float, can't really tell because it hasn't be cleaned. the tractor is really in pretty good restorabl shape, but he just wants to plow snow with it. is there a rebuild kit for it if it isn't cracked? thanks, jim.

Electro12WH

Sure, there are rebuild kits. First disassemble as much as possible. The choke and throttle plates have screws that have been peened over so remove without damaging. It's kind of hard to find new screws. Then soak the carb in a carb cleaner. Available at auto parts stores. This may loosen the choke shaft. When you pull out the choke shaft, there is a ball and spring that may be lost if your not careful! After cleaning, the crack may turn out to be just a casting flaw.