stlouisjoe

K321 Carb Help

stlouisjoe

I have recently purchased a C-141. I bought a new carb off e-bay due to the old one having lots of play in it and the last owner said it was running hot. My problem now is that it seems like no matter what i do the bowel will not stop filling up and then floods out the motor. If i run it at full throttle it seems to run ok but  will still flood out at times and I have to pinch off the fuel line to get it running ok again. I have put new fuel line on it and new filter and emptied out the tank. I have taken the carb apart many times and cleaned it and put back together. I am at a loss and would like some help.

daveoman1966

Is the carb Factory NEW, or just new to you.  If the latter....OR..

Even with a new carb, the tab on the float MAY have been bent down...it is delicate and doesn't take much of a jostle to bend it.  You MAY be able to correct this on the engine, but much easier to remove the carb.  Take the bowl off and inspect the tab on the float.   

It is either that, or a bad needle & seat valve....the former being more likely.   

stlouisjoe

I have adjusted the float. From what I understand it should be level with the carburetor when held upside down.

stlouisjoe

Ok so I have a question my c-141 has an electric fuel pump on it could the pressure be to high it looks as though it has been on it for some time. Lots of grime on it.  

KATO

If its an automotive style fuel pump then YES the pressure most likely will be too high

you dont want much more than 2-3 psi fuel pressure. 2 would be better. It could also

be a leaky float or bad needle and /or seat if not "NEW"as DAVE already said,

If it is "NEW", it could easily be defective.

stlouisjoe

I am sending it back it was new and he is sending me another one. Thanks for all of your help.