fireman

Just couldn't resist!

fireman

As most know I reduced my collection down to just two tractors due to lack of space. In the last few weeks I have been selling off some other large items in my shop and garage including the loader for my John Deere. We have been also cleaning out the garage and getting rid of some bikes the kids don't use anymore and other things so now I have a lot more space.

I have always liked the mid to late 70's "C" series. I created the "C-200" which has since been parted by a new owner. I always wanted a "Big Block" C-160 8 speed but could never find one around here except the one Russ sold which I should have bought. 

A few weeks ago a member posted a 1977 C-160 for sale and I just couldn't pass up on it. It runs great but is rusty from sitting outside. I figured I would just clean it up a little and have something I can cruise around on and not care if it sits outside. After getting it and playing around with it a little I decided that just wouldn't be good enough. I decided to look for some replacement parts for the ones that are really rust. Joe's had two that I found and really couldn't find anything else.

Well while looking for parts on Ebay I came across this 1976 B-60 that I see is local and recognize the sellers screen name as a member from Redsquare. I PM'd the member and asked about buying it outright and he agrees. It just so happens that SteveBo is working 2 miles from his house and saves me the ride to go pick it up. It's a one owner tractor and came with all the original manuals and paperwork. Very clean and tight machine.

The parts on the tractors are all the same and this will save me from hunting down anymore parts. So now I have a new project to work on. This is a one shot deal. I'm even going to sell the left over tractor made up of all the parts I don't use to recoup some of the monies.

So here starts the rebuild!

DSCN0421_zps75b11cb1.jpg

DSCN0420_zps297661cf.jpg

DSCN0419_zpsbb2d37bc.jpg

DSCN0418_zps9a5dc74b.jpg

photo_zps21f89aef.jpg

photo-1_zps77071d72.jpg

• Like 3

papaglide

That 160 looks like a nice worker. The B-60, well, looks sharp as hell! You got 2 nice tractors there. Now fireman, did I misunderstand you? Are you going to take nice parts off of the B-60 for the 160 or just do a nice resto on the B-60?

Edited by papaglide

WH nut

Nice

Ken B

That is going to save you a ton of time! Not too mention if a new set of decals on those new parts it is going to look great!

stevebo

I say take the 16 off the C160 and swap the motor over. I will take the old C160 as a roller or with the little motor. It is right up my alley. I like em rusty!

stevebo

Jeff-

We can wet sand and buff that B60 tomorrow at the meet and greet. I think I have 1000 grit or 1500 but you may want to stop and pick some up. I have a nice buffing wheel  and compound. I think it will look great. 

Ken B

8 speed in the B60?

posifour11

And so it begins.... again. ;)

AMC RULES

Both cool :wh: tractors...as is.  :handgestures-thumbsup: 

• Like 1

Tankman

Both great lookin' workin' Stallions!

Do the slow 'n easy restoration then post a few pic's! We need to see more! :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Tankman

Sparky

If that B-60 is original and untouched then someone really took great care of it! It even has the WH seat and it looks perfect (no rips/cracks) in the pics.

Mike........

rexman72

collecting wheel horses is a good sickness

• Like 1

AMC RULES

:text-yeahthat:  :romance-grouphug:  :text-goodpost:

Wishin4a416

Two nice tractors. Is the B-60 recoil start? Man I gotta get me one of them. Best of Luck!!!

stevebo

Fireman took some time to get the engine running right and we also did a little wet sanding and buffing today at the meet and greet. I think Craig may have some video of this just to confirm that I don;t just spread salad dressing on my tractors...

• Like 2

Tankman

collecting wheel horses is a good sickness

WHA Wheel Horse Addiction. Could be worse!  :laughing-rofl:

Edited by Tankman

buckrancher

8 speed in the B60?

YES :banana-dance:

Edited by buckrancher

AMC RULES

I don't just spread salad dressing on my tractors...

Imagine my surprise... :scared-eek: 

I couldn't believe my eyes.   :popcorn: 

:hilarious:

I couldn't get the camera out fast enough.

post-3498-0-55033000-1398603749_thumb.jp

Edited by AMC RULES

fireman

No "Salad Dressing" for either of these two. They only way that will happen is if Steve buys the leftover tractor when i'm done. Then he can slather it up all he wants!

• Like 3

dandan111

Way to team up guys! Nice to see someone help.

Martin

Jeff, nice to see you adding to the collection again. was getting worried there for a bit.........

both those tractors look like good ones, the paint on the B60 looks amazing.

Edited by Martin

fireman

Thanks Martin. Not really adding to the collection just getting something out of my system. Always wanted a C-160 and this one came along. I'll probably end up completely restoring it, then end up selling it next year. We'll see what happens!

Martin

Jeff, always liked the tractors you had, especially the Senior. was sad to see you sold all except the 2 you have. everything for a season they say. I really like the C160 i have as well. fairly nice original, really want to restore one just to do it, but don't really want to change the character that its earned itself over the last 3 + decades......

HorseFixer

Here we go again!  :eusa-think:    Glad to see it!  :handgestures-thumbupright:   It always makes me happy to see others spending their MO!  :eusa-whistle: 

~Duke  :wh: 

• Like 1

fireman

The funny thing is Duke after selling the tiller the 160 came with and the cbr32 I got when Steve and I bought out that dealer, both tractors cost me nothing! I had already made back the money I laid out for the dealer buy out so the cbr32 sale was profit. Only thing this build is gonna cost is for paint and few other minor things!